Page Builder Issues

Hi, a message / question from our developer that I'm hoping you can assist with.

The WP Bakery Page Builder plugin that comes with the theme used for AFS has a Data Storage setting, which governs how the page content is stored in the database.

This was set to Encoded, which means all blocks were stored in a non-human readable format, and therefore the migration search/replace did not work for page blocks.

(I've since set this back to use plain text storage)

This is why regular Wordpress links like the nav updated correctly, but not anything built with WP Bakery. (I manually updated the Services > Business Services link to confirm, and it saved correctly).

Options;

1) Contact the theme provider and ask if there is a method to convert the encoded blocks back to plain text, so I can run another search & replace

2) Manually update all page blocks (including images and links to use the correct URLs)

3) Research a way to do the conversions i ncode, I'd have to research the feasibility of this.

Can you please advise howe we can convert the encoded blocks back to plain text?

Kind regards,

Brent

Comments