Font responsiveness issue within the title of accordion entries

Dear supporters,

while building a website on BeTheme I ran into a font responsiveness issue within the title of accordion entries. To adjust the size and style of the font (and colors while active / inactive) I have used some custom CSS (partially based on what I have learned from earlier discussions in this forum):

.accordion_wrapper .question .title{

font-size: 18px !important;

font-optical-sizing: inherit !important;

font-weight: 400 !important;

color: #951b81 !important;

}

.accordion_wrapper .active .title{

font-size: 18px !important;

color: #ec6608 !important;

}

Please note that 18 px is the font size, I use for regular content (<p>CONTENT</p>).

The font sizes which one defines in BeTheme's options (<p>,<h1>...<h6>) do behave responsively, i.e. they scale down on mobile phones. Unfortunately, the font size of the titles of accordion entries titles does not. To illustrate the issue, I add screenshots from a desktop client (Google Chrome on Kubuntu 18.04) and a mobile client (Google Chrome on Android 10, namely a Nokia 7.2 phone).

Here comes the desktop screenshot:

And here the mobile phone screenshot:

As you can see, the content within and outside the accordion scales properly on the mobile phone, so does <h1>Leistungen</h1>. However, the accordion's entry titles do not scale (e.g. "Behandlungskonzept", "Prophylaxe", ...) making them look somewhat overgrown in that context.

The non-responsiveness of the accordion's entry titles is not a result of the custom CSS, it stays the same when the custom CSS is put in comments (/* ... */), just with BeTheme's default colors, font sizes and styles.

For BeTheme obviously brings mechanisms to be responsive in terms of font size I would like to know, if there is a way to put them in effect for the font size of the accordion's entry titles.

Sorry for the very exhaustive post. I just like to make the problem very clear.

If there are any questions, I will most happily respond.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Christian

Comments

• Hello,

In that case you can use Custom CSS with media queries.

Your CSS Code should look like this:

@media only screen and (max-width:767px){
       .accordion_wrapper .question .title{
     font-size: 14px !important;
     color: #951b81 !important;
    }
    .accordion_wrapper .active .title{
      font-size: 14px !important;
     color: #ec6608 !important;
    }
    }

As you can see with this media queries this Custom CSS will affect only screens below 767px. In brackets you can use any values you want or you can combine max-width with min-width like this: (max-width:767px) and (min-width:400px).

Thanks

• Dear Phil,

thank you so much for your quick and helpful response.

Albeit I need to refine the settings (the theme does not seem to scale the fonts in some sort of binary logic [desktop vs. mobile] but in multiple steps - I can figure out the limits using the DevTools within Google Chrome), the general approach just works beautifully.

Regards,

Christian