Font size and background

I am working in the 'section' area of muffin builder on the page below. I'd like to expand the background to cover the area in the screenshot below up to the menu bar. How do I do this? I'd also like to increase the size of the main heading and the accordion headings.

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.

thanks

• edited January 2021

pw: seldoohcs

It is password protected at the moment. Here you go.

Thanks!

Marie

• 1) Please, go to the page options while editing this page, and turn on the options Subheader | Hide and Content | Remove Padding.

2.1) There couple of options to increase the main headings size. This is two examples of them:

• with inline CSS <h1 style="font-size: 50px;">title</h1>
    • changing it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Fonts -> Size & Style

2.2) To change the size of the Accordion title, please, put the following Custom CSS Code in Bethme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

.accordion .title{
       font-size: 16px!important;
    }

Thanks

• Amazing! Thank you!

Marie

• Hi unfortunately nothing you sent, none of the 4 helpful options, works on my site.

I have tried code to change the size of the font before you sent this and it also didn't work.

I tried every setting in the 'section' area to remove the padding on the page as well.

Is there another setting that could be blocking changes I'm making?

• Sorry, but I do not understand what is not working.

The white space after the header is gone, the font size for main headings and accordion heading are increased too.

Please, refresh the cache for your website, and check if the changes are visible.

Thanks

• Thank you so much for your help!

The first shot is what I see in Firefox, the second is what I see in Safari. The first does not go all the way to the top. The second is missing our logo at the top. As are all of our other pages now. You must be using a different browser than the two I use to check things? How can I get them all to look the same?

I'm seeing the text size has changed, this is wonderful, I can play around with this now. it must have taken a while to load. But it is bolded on one browser and not on the other. How can I standardize this across browsers? We would prefer it not to be bolded under the headings.

• I tested your website on Firefox, Chrome and Opera, and it works fine.

Did you set the Retina Logo in Betheme -> Theme options -> Global -> Logo?

Also, please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if these issues still appears.

Thanks

• Here is how the logo is set.

I'll check into the other issue thanks!

• 3:36 pm

I disabled my plugins and I believe I just broke my entire site. I might need more help.

• Solved that issue, everything we had live is back. I needed to activate some plugins before others.

deactivating the plugins and clearing the cache didn't solve my firefox appearance problem.

I'm still seeing the image in the screenshot above and the logo is gone on Safari? Should I wait a few hours again to see if things change?

• So, now Safari has a parallax background and firefox doesn't? Why would that happen?

Still no change in the Firefox appearance. It runs to the menu on your firefox?

Thanks again for the help.

• Hi once again, my apologies for so many questions.

The firefox version seems to load correctly for a brief moment, then it flashes back to the incorrect version. Does that help explain anything?

• Do you have the newest version of Betheme (21.9.7)?

If not, please, update it, and check if the issue still appears.

Thanks

• Hi, I updated the theme. Would you mind taking a look?

I lost the logo again in Safari and it added an image I'm trying to locate to remove.

In Firefox, the same problem exists and there is a large black bar on the page now between the menu and the page on our new page and the same lack of logo and addition of an image from our media library in the space where the black bar is.

The only thing I did was the update.

Thanks

• 1) I checked your website on Safari and Firefos, and it looks fine to me.

Are there any steps to reproduce to notice this issue?

Did you refresh the cache?

2) To get rid of this black bar, please, go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Header & Subheader -> Header, and reduce the Height value.

Thanks

• Hi there,

The height is already at 0, I'm not sure what else I can do?

I have emptied the cache.

My business partner is also seeing the bar with the image in it it is black on some pages and it shows the top of a head (one of our images enlarged) on the other pages.

Is there a faster way to solve these problems? I have a live site that is doing business. Especially the bar issue?

• My business partner is across the country and uses Chrome on a PC, I use a Mac.

• this what I see on safari. My partner sees the same on Chrome. We need to get this problem fixed more quickly. This happened when I updated the theme. As you can see there is no logo. It seems to either take a while to load or is not there at all. Also not a problem before I updated the theme? This is not a good look for our business.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Hi I cleared the cache on Safari. The bar disappeared and so did the logo. On both. I'm not sure if it just took time to pick up the change.

The bar is gone on both Safari and Firefox.

So back to my original issue. The appearance on each browser.

Safari has a parallax background with no logo, but there is a logo on Safari on my phone.

Firefix has this. The background loads correctly for a moment, then drops and becomes fuzzy.

Are you seeing slight differences on your browsers? Do you have parallax on one and not on the other?

• Sorry, but I cannot see this issue neither on Safari nor on Firefox.

As you will see on the following screenshots, the parallax effect works on both (the logo on Safari works too).

Did you try to test your website on the incognito mode, or on a browser where you are not logged to the WordPress?

Are you able to record this issue and upload it on some video hosting, please?

Can you also send your dashboard again, please? Because the login credentials you sent are not working.

Best regards

• Hi, Thanks for being patient with me.

We might be zeroing in.

It looks correct on Safari, looks good on Chrome on my partner's screen. With the exception of parallax, which I don't have set anywhere. I'm not sure where that came from and I can't locate it to change it if it causes problems with reading the text.

I'm guessing I have a setting problem. I turned off Wordpress admin and looked at the site on Firefox again. It was the same as I have always seen. I cleared the cache again several times.

I'm not sure recording the issue would help, I can work on doing that though.

Dashboard sent again.

• I inspected the source of your website, and actually the background image does not have parallax but fixed feature.

The fixed background position do not work well with apple devices, and this may be the source of the problem.

Please, go to the backend of this page, click on the first Section options, change Background | Position to parallax, and check if the issue still appears.

Thanks

• Good to know!!! That makes sense.

I changed to Parallax.

This is what I now see on Safari and Firefox. At least it's the same now. :)

I have played around with the background-size settings- Auto, Cover, Contain. None of them seem to allow the full-screen coverage I had before now that I have set the position to parallax. I'm not finding documentation that helps with this. I am not a developer or coder, so I don't have the background knowledge to puzzle this out further.

Can you let me know what you see on your end now? Is this another Mac problem?

Thanks again for your patience. :) I owe you some chocolates or something.

• I just added a parallax background to another one of our pages. I have three sections on that page. In Firefox, the background works. In safari, it works on one or two sections, but not all three at the same time? I can eliminate 2 of the sections and put them all together, but I can't figure out why I am getting different results between pages and browsers using the same settings, which are just parallax and auto. Nothing else is set on any of the pages now. the screenshot below is the transition from section one to section two in Safari. All three sections have a background in Firefox.

• The pages are now loading very slowly as well. Is this a related issue?

Thanks, Marie

• 1) Please, try to upload and use wider image, for example 1080px/2160px wide.

2) Can you send me a link to the page with these three sections, please? Because I could not find it.

3) It is very likely that the parallax effect is slowing down your webiste, but I did not notice that.

P.S.

You do not owe us anything. We are here to help you ?

Best regards

• HI

1.I will try widening the image, but it works on some browsers? Is it a Mac problem again? Is there a way to fix this? It is working on my other pages with the same size image I believe. I will try to check.

2.I'll send a link.

3.Is there a way to speed this up with the parallax?

Thank you!

• 1) This is not only on Mac. On Windows with firefox, I see that issue too.

2) Sorry, but I cannot see ‘fine motor assessment’ anywhere. Can you attach a screenshot showing where it is placed?

3) If you want to speed up your website, I recommend you to get acquainted with the following topic.

https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-speed-up-my-site/

Thanks