Theme not updated since 2016 - Critical error still after following documentation

Hello,

Happy and Healthy new year 2021!

I recently inherited a project where the past designer had not updated anything since 2016. For more context, the Muffin builder had stopped working to push edits to the frontend. I decided to have the client purchase the theme again, get a license and I'd support them with updating the theme.

I followed your documentation to update the theme via FTP (before version 20) by deleting the previous betheme parent theme and uploading the new one to the themes directory. The designer had made use of a child theme (version 1.6). I was instructed not to touch the Child theme.

Before doing all of this, I updated plugins and WordPress to the newest versions and made a backup. I asked the host to increase PHP Time Limit + PHP Max Input Vars. The latter is still set to 1000.

Would this explain the "critical error" I'm still experiencing?

Here is the website: https://sossahel.ngo/

Any direction or support would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Max

Comments

• Hello,

The low time limit and max input time mostly cause issues like this one.

The time limit should be set to at least 180s, and max input vars to at least 5000.

Please, contact your hosting provider, and ask them to increase it because it is urgent for the proper display of your website.

Thanks