New to this!

Hi there

I have a website which was developed by a developer and I can no longer go back to him.

He used muffin builder and I've learnt to navigate this.

• I upgraded the plugins and PHP version to PHP version: 7.3.6 which works fine. But now I am unable to make any changes to anything on any page in muffin builder. It just doesn't update.

Help please!

Many thanks.

Min

Comments

• Hello,

Please share with us your PHPINFO file, it's really necessary right now.

If you do not know how to do it, please check this topic:

https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-create-phpinfo-php-page/

Thanks

• Hi again - I'm really keen to make the website adjustments as soon as possible. Please do respond as soon as possible.

Many Thanks.

ps is there an experienced resource pool I can hire to make any adjustments?

• As you will see on the following screenshot, you have low max input time and max input vars values.

Please, contact your hosting provider to increase these values:

• max input time to at least 180
    • max input vars to at least 5000

If you are looking for people experienced in WordPress, please, check the following link.

https://wpkraken.io/?ref=muffingroup

Thanks

• Will do! Thank you, Phil. Will let you know how i get on.

Much appreciated :)

• Hi again Phil

I've contacted the hosting provider and their struggling to find the location to amend the master values.

Could you shed some light on this? I can use the MiniPHPini editor but only to affect the local values.

Thanks

• Sorry, but we do not handle with server customization, and I cannot tell you the location.

If your hosting provider cannot change or find how to change it, I recommend you to consider changing your hosting.

Thanks

• I'll wait to hear from them. The issue has been escalated so I'm hoping there is some positive news soon

• Hi Phil

I'm not having much luck with the host provider.

I may need to research an alternative provider or get the whole site redeveloped so that I can edit the site in as easy way as possible - this is urgent. I need to outweigh the benefits of muffin builder and other development platforms. Any information you can provide would be very helpful - although i'm sure there is bias!

Thanks

• Hi Phil

This is what I have received from the host provider. Please advise!

Hi Mahnaz,

Thank you for your reply.

I have reviewed the screenshot you've attached and understand your asking, but the master value of the php.ini file depends on the main server settings.

We would be very happy to execute your query, but since your website is hosted on a shared server, I'm afraid we can only change your local values, which should take effect on your websites only.

Feel free to update me with any further questions/issues if you have.

Kind regards,

Atanas

• Do I have to go back a PHP version to make it work again?

Please advise.

• This whole situation is incredibly frustrating and I've paid for support here too.

I feel like I'm wasting a while year of web development and money!

• The biggest advantage of Muffin Builder is that it is much lighter than other builders, and it does not burden your website like other builders. It does not have a visual editor like Elementor or WPBakery, but we are working on it, and we want to finish it as soon as possible.

I think that the Elementor is a great builder too, it has a lot of possibilities, and we have a significant amount of pre-built websites created with it. Moreover, it has a visual editor, a great feature, and allows you to see how your page looks every time you put something new.

I believe that you should compare these builders on your own to be sure which one suits you.

If you can do it, try if it works, but I cannot guarantee that the issue will be gone because recommended values for max input time and max input vars are 180 and 5000.

When these two values are lower they can causing issues with displaying the content on your website, and updating the pages

Best regards

• I've now received this from them. would this help? Can i Adjust the values here?

Hi Mahnaz,

Thank you for contacting us and apologies for the delay.

Unfortunately, as stated by my colleague, we cannot amend the default server values, as this is a shared server, which doesn't provide such feature.

If your website requires any specific values, or features, I'd suggest checking our VPS/DS, on which you can customize the server, as per your needs.

VPS - https://www.tsohost.com/vps

DS(Dedicated Server) - https://www.tsohost.com/managed-servers

Please, let us know, if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Teo

• I've just seen the links. My website requirement really doesn't require this level of service! Its a simple website.

It looks like I'm going to have to get the whole website redesigned to a spec which would work.

Unless you have any other ideas?

• Sorry, but in situation that you cannot change these values or hosting provider, it is the last option I can see.

Best regards