Error after activating header-builder

We've activated the header builder and made some changes in the header layout. Now we tried to change something in the Theme Options, but now, the theme options could not be saved any longer. (Before activate the header builder, it worked)

Pressing the "Save" Button brings up the following javascript error message and the settings are not saved:

Error: An invalid form control with name='betheme[mobile-menu-initial]' is not focusable.

Versions:

Header Builder: 1.0.7

Betheme: 21.9.5

WP: 5.5.1

Thx. in advance for any help.

Comments

• Hello,

You do not have the newest version of Betheme. Please, update it and check if this issue still persists.

If, after updating your theme, this issue will no disappear, please, turn off all other plugins except Header Builder, and check if it works then.

Thanks

• edited February 2021

It says "all Themes are actual (See screenshot). So there's no update. Where do I get the latest version from ?

The other thing I've already tested. Makes no difference.

as soon as I deactivate the Header Builder Plugin, I can also save the options again. But I lose the header builder settings and have to redo everything. Not such a good idea to suggest that so you don't have to look further and closer at the support request for now.

Please be aware... that's a live system.

Kindest regards

Joern

• edited February 2021

I've just downloaded the "latest" version from Envato, it now says 21.9.9... But the problem is still there...

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Thx. for your reply. I have sent you the login data, you have superadmin rights

• Sorry, but we didn't get any message from you yet.

Please check your mail inbox for our response, look also inside the spam folder.

If you don't have any message from us, please send your login credentials again.

Be sure that you sent all required information mentioned in the previous message.

• link to your website,
    • link to this forum discussion,
    • login credentials

Thanks

• I noticed that you do not have the newest version of WP and Header Builder.

Please, update them, and check if this issue still appears.

Thanks

• edited February 2021

Header Builder shows no updates ? Why not and where do I get the latest version ?

Wordpress is updated, but BELIEVE ME, it's not a WP Problem. .... We are software developers, and before we write a support ticket, we have already tried and tested everything we can think of....

• To update the Header Builder, head to Betheme -> Install plugins, and there you will be able to update it.

Thanks

• Update done. As I already mentioned... did not help. Error is still there. Please try to help me and not stall me with standard statements and answers.

• Can you tell me what changes you made in theme options?

Because I logged to your WP panel, activated Betheme, activated the Header Builder, decreased the grid width, and deactivated breadcrumbs, and after saving theme options, everything worked smoothly (I undo everything before logging out).

Did you try to use a different device or browser?

Best regards

• I can't save them nowhere... Did you work in the correct site ? It's the https://relaunch.bayerische-chemieverbaende.de/wp-admin/ relaunch site. I tried it with Safari, latest Version, Chrome (latest Version), Firefox (latest Version). As you can see in the screenshot, it doesn't matter where I am in the options. The error appears the moment I click on the Save button.

• I was doing the testing on the website that you have sent a link in a private message:

https://www.bayerische-chemieverbaende.de/wp-admin

Can you disable all of the plugins that are activated globally on your multisite, please?

I need to do some tests without these plugins.

Thanks

• edited February 2021

Hi there. If I disable these plugins, I have problems on the other both sites within the multisite. How should I solve this ? Please be aware, that we are talking about a live site.

Kindest regards

• A significant amount of plugins activated on this page and on your multisite are not supported with our theme because we did not test them, and we do not know how do they work (supported plugins can be found on the sidebar under the following link: https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048).

I am afraid that combinations of some of these plugins are causing this issue, and I cannot do much until I ensure that these problems do not come from the Betheme or Header Builder.

Can you turn on the Under Construction on these websites for a testing time, please?

Thanks

• I found the solution by myself... thx. for your support. The Problem happens, when you have somewhere in Responsive -> Header an invalid value.