Using anchor links on more than on page

edited February 2021 in Theme support

Hi,

I would like to use anchor links on diferent pages of my website. but this isn't working as expected:

My Structure in menu:

• test.tld/house
  • test.tld/house#contact
  • test.tld/about
  • test.tld/about#contact

I have the following problem:

• If I set muffin option "One Page" to "active" on both "house" and "about" page, a click on all menu items tries to navigate on same page (e.g. if I am on "test.tld/about" and click "test.tld/house#contact" it's not loading "house" page
  • If I set muffin option "One Page" to "inactive" on both "house" and "about" page, the click now works, but the link ends with a wrong offset (looks like the height of the sticky header is not counted to offset and so the target is in the middle of my headline)

UPDATE: This is only happening if you use same anchor (e.g. #contact) on different pages. It would be nice if we are not limited to this.

If you would like to see it on my page I can sent you credentials if needed (site is not online yet).

Comments

• Hello,

The anchor links should be unique and there should be no duplicates. You need to rename them to for example "#contactHome", "#contactAbout".

Moreover, it is not limitated by Betheme, but it is how anchor links works in general.

Best Regards

• ok - thx for the reply. I will change them that they are unique.