Use Theme Hooks from functions.php

edited February 2021 in Other

Hi,

I would like to address the Theme Hook "mfn_hook_content_before" to display a custom content with PHP based on the WPML language.

I'm not very experienced developer, but I tried this in my child theme functions.php:

global $custom_content;

function mfn_hook_content_before( $content ) {

$custom_content = 'Hello WordPress';

if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'es') $custom_content = "Hola WordPress";

$custom_content .= $content;

return $custom_content;

}

add_filter( 'the_content', 'mfn_hook_content_before' );

The result prints in the content area, and not earlier in the mfn_hook_content_before area :/

Could you please tell me how to right address the Hook with PHP?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry, but what you ask for requires file customization in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. http://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy

So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:

Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customization services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio

thanks

• Thanks Phil,

I was just asking how can I correctly refer / call to the theme hooks from PHP, that's all.

Thanks in advance, Miguel.

• You can try to paste it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Global -> Hooks in Content before section.

Thanks

• Thank you Phil,

I know this, but I can't run here PHP code.

I will post in this thread my solution when I make it work.

Have a nice day.