Headers in betheme event 4 theme don't seem to match betheme SEO recommendation

Betheme has a number of recommendations for SEO optimization:

https://www.betheme.com/blog/optimize-betheme-seo-high-ranking-websites/

However, I'm a bit confused because these recommendation don't seem to be followed in the Betheme I chose (Event 4). Am I missing something?

For instance:

• Betheme recommendation:

"Search engines, like Google, take preference to pages that use H1 and H2 tags properly and consistently throughout your content. Failure to use H1 tags can even result in penalties which reduce the overall search engine rank. To avoid this issue, you’ll need the ability to customize your headers quickly and effectively."

An information page betheme links to (https://wdn.unl.edu/page-title-h1-best-practices) also recommends following the correct order for header tags (H1, then H2, and so on).

• Observation:

There is no H1 tag anywhere in the theme's customizable content, and the order of other tags, such as h6 and h3, is often reversed.

Does this mean I have change all headers inside content, and their respective settings in muffin builder (in order to keep the same size hierarchy) to match SEO recommendation?

Also, If I am to change all the headers, how does this work with a single page theme like event 4? Should I put a single H1 header on top, or is it already there but I just cannot see it (and If so where can I find it?)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• *Please note that by headers, I meant headings (non-native English speaker here). Thank you!

• Hello,

All of ours pre-built websites are created according to the projects prepared by our graphic designer, and they are constructed for the best visual display.

If you want to prepare it for the best SEO result, you will have to redesign it manually.

If you do not see any H1 tag, you will have to put it there too.

Remember that you can turn on the Subheader, and thanks to that, the H1 tag will appear on every page (it can contain Page Title and/or breadcrumbs).

Thanks

• Hi Phil,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. What do you mean by "turn on the subheader"? There is no option to either turn on or off the subheader in the subheader section, although there is the option to style and hide it.

Also when you say the H1 tag will appear on every page, do you mean only in the html code, or also in the visible page content?

Thanks,

• By "turn on the subheader," I meant not to check the option to hide it, and it will appear in both HTML and the visible page content.

Moreover, you can notice that on pages with a slider, the subheader does not appear, and you will have to check the option to show it.

Thanks