500 server error when loading pre-built site

I can't load any demo content/prebuilt sites. The server crashes — and I get a "500 Internal Server Error". I've installed parent and child themes / made sure to change the .user.ini file to reflect all the correct settings. The theme status panel returns all green checkmarks, but then goes down without completing an install when I try to load a prebuilt site. It didn't matter which plugins were on or off; I tried so many times / so many different combinations of plugins...

Is there a way to get a refund for the theme? Perhaps it's not working properly with my host? (Client is using GoDaddy for their site: the Ultimate WP Hosting Package) I need to start working on this ASAP—I would love to use the Betheme, but if I can't get it working, I'll need to trash it... and go find something else.

Please help?

Thanks, Mary Bean

Comments

• Hello,

Please, check the following video tutorial, and ensure that you do all steps correctly.

https://support.muffingroup.com/video-tutorials/how-to-import-pre-built-websites/

You should also contact your hosting provider, and ask them about this issue because "500 errors" are contected to server configuration.

But if still you want to ask for a refund, please, send this information privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact.

Thanks

• Having same issue and link does not work?

• Hello @cordavii,

Can you explain what is happening in more detail, please?

Which link is not working?

Did you try to do the steps from my previous message?

Did you contact your hosting provider?

Best regards

• I have the same exact issue as "msmarybean". A 500 Internal Server error. When I install it in a HOSTGATOR plan it works perfectly. But when I install it at a GODADDY "ULTIMATE MANAGED HOSTING" plan I get a 500 Internal server error.

Has anybody else reported the same issue with GODADDY as their hosting provided?

What's the solution around this?

I've increase the PHP values, with a user.ini file, reset httaccess file, uninstall and disable plug-ins, reset SSL certificate, uninstalled the whole theme and install it again, rest databases,.

I don't want a refund, I really love your theme.

Please advise how to solve this problem.

Thank you

• Hello @eduardotrueba,

Sorry, but the 500 errors are related to the server configuration, and I can assure you that the issue does not lay on the Betheme side.

In that case, you should contact your hosting provider and ask them about this issue.

If they are not able to help you, I can only recommend you change your hosting provider because I said the issue is not with the Betheme, and our hands are tied.

Best regards

• eduardotrueba — yep, same! I did all those same things! This is such a bummer. I had been really excited to use this theme, it looks really beautiful. This little delay has also set my project back a week. And no - I did not find an answer, GoDaddy said it was not their server. And the theme people say it's not their theme. The two obviously don't play well together. (eye roll emoji) I'll have to take it as a loss and move on.. I can't have a set back like this: over a theme/server not working. psssss too bad.

• @msmarybean, yeap. I was thinking the same thing. I'm gonna have to let it go as well. Too bad, because I really like the theme and all the Pre-Built designs.

• We are really sorry that we cannot help you because, as I said, it is not Betheme related issue, and we cannot do anything when the problem lays on the side of the server.

You can check all HTTP response status codes on the following link:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status

Best regards