Static CSS vs. Hooks or Sidebars not updating in some pages

edited March 2021 in Other

Hi,

I find that some pages and portfolio items, were I was testing some Betheme Hooks, still will display these hooks, even after removing them from the theme options and saving changes - more times.

In a similar way, some Sidebars won't update for "specific" pages using them (not all) after updating the widgets in these sidebars; they will only show the updated widget if I change the slug of such pages.

Though I am not using ANY cache plugin, I have the impression that something is being cached.

Hence I came to the "Theme Options - Advanced - Advanced" to the Static CSS option.

I have been developing my site with a child theme originally with this option "Static CSS: ON". I tested it OFF and ON, of course saving changes in between, but I do not see any change. I suspect this static CSS file of the theme options has something to do.

Where can i find the Static CSS file that Betheme is generating? Is possible to "reset" it, for example by deleting it?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Comments

• Hello,

The Static CSS option should not cause such an issue because it is only responsible for the CSS on your website.

Please, contact your hosting provider, and ask them if you do not have installed some caching tool on your server.

Please, also, tell me, did you change something in the database? Because it can be the source of the problem as well.

Best regards

• Thanks Phil for the point,

Our hosting is Siteground and they have default enabled 2 different cache on server level:

• "NGINX Direct Delivery", that I could turn off and solved the issue in Hooks and Sidebars not updating.
    • "Dynamic Cache" that can be flushed from Siteground console or with the plugin SG Optimizer.

BTW, regarding optimization – when using Betheme in combination with other optimization plugins (SG Otpimizer, WP Rocket, Autoptimize...), that can also minify CSS files; what do you recommend, to leave the "Static CSS" for theme options ON or OFF?

Kind regards, Miguel

• It all depends on the minifying plugin.

Probably you can leave the Static CSS option ON, and nothing wrong should happen, but you will have to test it with the plugin.

Best regards