Alert Box in Visual Composer

Hey Guys,

I would like to use one of your alert boxes with the little (x) on a few pages but would like to do some in Visual Composer for ease of updating other content on the page for my staff, I cannot seem to find a way to get it to work.

I have tried using a text box and using the shortcode but this doesn't work, nor does a number of other options I have tried. I would just like to know if this is possible and if so how to do it.

Many Thanks

Chris

Comments

• Hi Chris,

alert box exist as shortcode so you can paste this shortcode anywhere you want where shortcodes are allowed. That's all you need to do.
  • Thanks for that, I think I had put some HTML in there that had broken it, when I went back and made the item again it seems to have worked. When using the Map element in Visual Composer there isn't as many options as there is in the Muffin Editor, is there any way to get all the styling options and custom icon in the Visual Composer Element?

Regards,

Chris
  • We'll try to add them with next update into VC item as well.
  • Thanks for the quick response and look forward to these features being added if possible.
  • Hey Guys,

I have just downloaded the newest update and see the new options in the Map Element within Visual Composer, unfortunately I can't seem to get the style box to work. I have copied the text directly from the Muffin Map element to ensure it was correct but when I put it into the Visual Composer box it no longer shows the map on the page it just shows the style code in its place.

This is the style code I am using:

[{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"lightness":33}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"labels.text","stylers":[{"gamma":"0.75"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.neighborhood","elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"lightness":"-37"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#f9f9f9"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.man_made","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"40"},{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.natural","elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"-37"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.natural","elementType":"labels.text.stroke","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"100"},{"weight":"2"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.natural","elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"80"}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"0"}]},{"featureType":"poi.attraction","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"lightness":"-4"},{"saturation":"-100"}]},{"featureType":"poi.park","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#c5dac6"},{"visibility":"on"},{"saturation":"-95"},{"lightness":"62"}]},{"featureType":"poi.park","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"lightness":20}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"lightness":20}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"},{"gamma":"1.00"}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"labels.text","stylers":[{"gamma":"0.50"}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"},{"gamma":"0.50"}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#c5c6c6"},{"saturation":"-100"}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"lightness":"-13"}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"lightness":"0"},{"gamma":"1.09"}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#e4d7c6"},{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"47"}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"lightness":"-12"}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"}]},{"featureType":"road.local","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#fbfaf7"},{"lightness":"77"}]},{"featureType":"road.local","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"lightness":"-5"},{"saturation":"-100"}]},{"featureType":"road.local","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"-15"}]},{"featureType":"transit.station.airport","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"lightness":"47"},{"saturation":"-100"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"color":"#acbcc9"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"saturation":"53"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"lightness":"-42"},{"saturation":"17"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"labels.text.stroke","stylers":[{"lightness":"61"}]}]

If someone could have a look at this and see if it is just me having this problem it would be appreciated

Regards,

Chris
  • Hi Chris,

did you tested it with Muffin Builder?
  • Hi there,

Yeah works perfectly in muffin builder. 

Please see attached link to the page with both maps, top is the muffin builder map and the bottom is the VC map. Both have exactly the same settings

http://sawcery.com/dev/index.php/contact-us/

Regards,
  • We have checked this already and unfortunately VC is not parsing this code properly. We are forced to remove this field from VC plugin and this will be done with next update. So the styling options may work with Muffin Builder only.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Hi there,

Thanks for having a look at this for me, thats not a problem I shall leave the styling options as standard, the custom ones were just a bonus anyway.

Regards,

Chris