Filter multiple categories AND operator

Hi, my question is about the blog item, not about my site's blog page, just to clarify.

The thing is, I'd like to show only one type of posts on each blog item (some will be notifications, some will be meetings, etc.).

I thought that one way to achieve this could be to create as many categories as I need to "filter" the posts, but the point is that the filter that you offer in the blog item allows me to set several categories, but it shows all the posts within the categories with an OR operator, and I need the AND operator and I don't know how to do it.

I wonder if I am following the right way to achieve what I need ... if you have any better ideas, I would be very grateful! =)

Comments

• Hello,

Are you able to give me some examples of it, please?

I do not want to misunderstand you.

Best regards

• Good afternoon,

On my site I want to post some mini-posts, where visitors can read them. I just need the blog element to display 5 of these mini-posts showing only the title, excerpt, and the date they were posted with the "load more button", so that visitors can load more mini-posts. As an additional field, I would like to set a field of type.

I will have 3 types of mini-posts ("call", "incidence" and "notice"), two of them ("call" and "notice") will be published so that they appear on a main page ("Community") but the others (" incidence ") and (" call "also) will be published to be listed on different pages where each one will represent each of the users of our site (we will have 30 users).

I would like to configure any tag, category or anything that may be the solution, to filter in each situation the correct minipost in the blog element. I thought about categories to be able to configure mini-post "Call 1" -> Category "community AND call", "Call 2" -> Category "user2 AND call", "incidence 1" -> Category "user1 AND incidence" ...

EXAMPLES:

Community page -> showing mini-post "call 1" with categories "community", "call" - showing mini-post "notice 1" with categories "community", "notice"

User 1 page -> showing mini-post "call 2" with categories "user1", "call" - showing mini-post "incidence 1" with categories "user1", "incidence"

User page 2 -> showing mini-post "call 3" with categories "user2", "call" - showing mini-post "incidence 2" with categories "user2", "incidence"

Sorry if I don't explain it well ... English is not my mother tongue.

Thanks in advance!

• I think that the best option will be creating a category for each user with these categories as subcategories. Thanks to that, when you select the main category, the subcategories' posts will be displayed.

Thanks

• But I need each different blog item into each user's pages show only content categorized with its own user's category AND the type of mini-post's category.

• Then I am afraid that it is not possible to achieve that.

You can search for some third-party plugin that extends this functionality, but I cannot recommend any because we do not support any plugin that would allow it.

Best regards