New 'window' on my front page

Hi!

I'd like to add a box or widget on my front page that I can add 'what's new' in our membership and the date we added it. It would be something to scroll.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Marie

Comments

• Hello,

Please, try to use an iframe placed in the Column item.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_iframe.asp

If this is not what you wanted to achieve, please, explain to me in more detail how it should look and work.

Thanks

• I think that might work.

I want to add a running list of what we add and when we add it so our members and potential customers can see new things without needing to send newsletters. This would be a small scrollable window.

For instance

New report template -added 3-25-21

New workbook pages added 2-15-21

Updated plank video added 1-12-21

Do you think this would work?

• Sorry, but I quite do not understand. Can you explain to me in more detail how it should look, please?

Are you able to give me some examples of that?

Thanks

• Sure!

So what I would like is a frame that says

'Recent Membership Updates' so we can let visitors to our page know when we've added something to our Woocommerce Membership area.

I'd like to be able to add to the top of this area as we create content but keep the old stuff there too in the form of a scrolling feature.

Examples of items would be:

New report template -added 3-25-21

New workbook pages added 2-15-21

Updated plank video added 1-12-21

Is this possible?

• You can achieve that by creating pages with a Blank Page template that will contain all these informations.

After creating these pages, you will only have to put the URL for them in the iframe.

Thanks

• Thank you!

I tried it and this is what I got.

So almost there! Is there something I need to do to make it larger, to make sure it includes the information, and to make it scrollable?

• You can change the width and height of the iframe. To learn more about it, please, check the following link:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

Thanks

• Hi!

I'm almost there. I added the size attributes and a scrollable attribute. The program is creating the space for the iframe, but I'm still getting the same as above with the tiny frame. I'm not sure where to go from here?

• You did not create a page with a blank template. Please, do that, and put the content you want to display on that blank page.

Check the following screenshots for better understanding.

Thanks

• I did! :) I called it Zoom Box for now. It's sort of connecting as the name is showing up in the tiny rectangle.

• Phil!

I fixed the problem. I was using a zoom box on the blank page and I needed a column. Everything is working now. I'll play with it until it looks right. Thank you !

• I am glad that you handle it. ☺️

If you will have any other problems, feel free to ask.

Best regards

• Your patience is amazing and I am very grateful for your help!

Marie

• One more question if you don't mind?

I'd like to remove the white borders on the window. How do I do this?

• Are you talking about this white space?

If yes, please, open the page from the iframe, open the section options and check Full width.

Thanks

• Excellent! Thank you!