#Side_slide not working properly

Hi!

The site I've been working on has been ready&public for a week or so and when making some minor text changes I noticed that the Side Slide on mobile was not working properly. First I thought it was a problem with with W3 Total Cache and/or Static CSS so i disabled those two. Then I tried parsing with css but there seems to be some trouble

The site is online at https://artoulu.fi/

I'd be really grateful for a solution since this is driving me crazy. The Side Slide HAS worked fine before during the 2-3 months I've been building the site.

br,

-henna

Comments

• Hello,

Please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the issue still appears.

Moreover, if you are using a child theme, please, switch to parent, and recheck it.

Thanks

• Hi Phil!

I tried turning of all the plugins that but it was no help. I also know that the side slide menu has previously worked together with the plugins (excluding W3 Total Cache which was installed last but recommended in the theme guides to speed up the site).

Seems as some function just isn't performing right! I tested the site after plugin deactivate on three browsers and on one mobile phone, here's a video of how it looks in Firefox: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/2c4fda26d3b42a60d47361c289619e1a20210401114807/1a5570893903de0e019d69323da4794420210401114826/754ce1 (screenshot .mov file downloadable for a while via wetransfer)

I'm not using a child theme so that isn't the problem.

br,

henna

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Done! Also one problem (but minor compared to the non-functionality of the mobile menu) is that the hamburger icon isn't sticky anymore even though it has been and still should be according to theme options

br,

-henna

• One of the custom CSS you placed in the WP Customizer cause this issue. After removing them, the menu display is correct.

I cannot tell you which one exactly it is because there are about 1000 lines of code. Please, search through them, and you will find a source of this problem.

Best regards

• Thanks! Now the problem is fixed by taking away the wrong css lines.

However, those wrong lines were the ones i initially added yesterday (while crying tears of despair so obviously not added in a very sound state of mind) as I was trying to fix this same mystical problem that there was with the side slide. Maybe it was some conflict with plugin after all (i still suspect W3 Total Cache and wrong configuration there) and the css made it worse and harder to find the right cause.

Thank you so much for your help and happy Easter holidays!!! :)

-henna

• Haha sorry while I'm at it and looking at the side slide: is there still no simple non-coder-friendly way to close the side slide on-click of an anchored link? It really bothers me as now the side slide requires an extra click to close and is not very user-friendly.

br,

-henna

• Sadly, there is no option to close the menu after clicking the anchor link for now.

If you would like to see this feature in future updates, please, let us know on the following topic:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

Thanks

• okay, looking forward to future updates with that option added. I have already before given my suggestion to add this feature + some others - and most important of all, add tools for accessibility, which is something that a lot of clients require now when ordering a site.

All the best and thanks again for patient help :)

-henna

• Thank you for sharing your ideas. We really appreciate them. ☺️

I am also glad that I could help you.

Best regards