menu in footer

Hi!

I need to create a menu in the bottom of the page=footer. I created it from appearence>widgets>footer (1# - #5) I put footer text widgets with links to pages. I have problems with responsive visualitzation, the distance betwen paragrafs are very large, I need to remove this distance.

Screen

phone

By the way, I need to create a accordion with some of categories. Any idea?

Maybe there is a better way to make a dropdown menu in footer. I use a text widget because is easy.

Comments

• Hello,

Please, try to use the Muffin Menu widget instead, and check if it suits you.

Thanks

• edited April 2021

I tested it, but I need a similar style like my first screenshot in last comment, I don't like the boxed text. There is an option to modify the muffin menu to remove boxes?

• Please, try to use the following CSS code:

#Footer .widget_mfn_menu a{
       background: transparent!important;
    }

Put it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

Thanks

• Excuse my poor english...

Now it looks with background transparent but, there is a grey line. The colour for letters should be #13352C, and colour for (+) and (-) icons should be #BED600. The style needs to be like right column example.

• Please, try to use the following code instead:

#Footer .widget_mfn_menu a{
          background: transparent!important;
          border: none!important;
          color: #13352C!important;
       }

It will probably not change the plus/minus color, and to change it, I will need to look at it on your website. Are you able to send me a link to it?

Best regards

• It worked! I can't send the access codes to my website, sorry. Can we try to try something else for plus/minus color?

Another problem is if I put the menu in more than one column when I view the website from phone, the menu is not continuous.

Like this. There are no options to remove this default margin.

Thanks a lot!

• 1) I cannot assure that it will work, but you can try the following code for +/- icons.

#Footer .widget_mfn_menu a::before{
         color: #BED600!important;
      }

2) To remove the margin, please, try the following code:

#Footer .widget_mfn_menu{
                margin: 0!important;
                padding: 0!important;
          }

Thanks

• Codes didn't work.

maybe we could try to put something in Aparence>Menu>+Vallas metálicas.

• Your need to copy the codes 1:1 and on the screenshot I see that they are different than the ones I have sent you.

For the plus icon you can also try to use inline CSS.

Thanks

• For +/- icon in #BED600 I needed the second option (inline CSS) for solve it.

Correct codes in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS solved the margin problem with phone view.

But this change creat a new problems with pc view. The CSS code remove all margins in footer and I need a top margin for menu, like contact or logo.

• Then please, try to use the media queries for that.

@media screen and (max-width:767px){
    	#Footer .widget_mfn_menu{
                margin: 0!important;
                padding: 0!important;
          }
    }

Thanks

• It is perfect! What do I do to some "parent pages" don't have a link? Thats is, I want to some parent pages only for accordion use.

• Create a Custom Link, and in URL input put the hashtag. Check the following screenshot for better understanding.

Thanks

• If I put "#" in URL the page refresh when I press link. If I put nothing in URL link the text appears with light typography, I think the typography change because this isn't a link. Could we change the CSS to use the same type of typography for links and words in this case?

It is important because instinctive I press the parent page to close the accordion. If parent page have a link, it brings me to other page. The accordion only close if I press out of menu. Maybe we can change this.

• In that case you should contact your web developer to achieve that because it will require more advanced CSS and/or theme files modification.

Best regards

• Ok, thanks! That's all! I'll keep it as it was, with links.