CSS float error in Gallery

Hi, I have the last item in the gallery that has the wrong alignment; you can see the problem here, as a result of the trubleshooting from Elementor support team: https://www.loom.com/share/44954049aa21400f8980ead1d9790844

Comments

• Hello,

Please, switch your theme to some free one like Twenty Twenty, check if this issue still appears, and tell me what the result was.

Thanks

• If I switch to a default theme the issue disappear

• What was this custom CSS prepared for?

Can you remove this CSS or just the float attribute, please?

Thanks

• I cannot find those lines in the theme custom CSS section: where are they?

• edited April 2021

I found in functions/theme-shortcodes.php row 6970 but is a file from Betheme package, I cannot edit it

• Sorry, but we do not handle file customization. In that case, you should contact your web developer or a person who inserted this code there.

Best regards

• edited April 2021

Excuse me, but this file come from the standard installation of Betheme package, is not a customization.

• But editing this code there required file customization. If it is a parent theme, you can also update the theme to the newest version, and after that, the code should be gone, or you can install a fresh copy of Betheme.

Moreover, the code from the screenshot does not come from our theme, so it was not inserted there by us.

Best regards

• No, it is not a parent theme, this file comes with the standard Betheme package, it comes from your theme, as is written in the file:

/**

* Shortcodes

* @package Betheme

* @author Muffin group

* @link https://muffingroup.com

*/

/**

* Column One Sixth

* [one_sixth] [/one_sixth]

*/

• edited April 2021

By parent theme, I meant basic Betheme. Please, check the following link about the parent and child theme.

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/child-themes/

Did you update your Betheme/installed a fresh copy of it, as I suggested?

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

Thanks

• edited April 2021

The theme is updated. I sent you the login info

• Your files were modified, and this code is not available to be modified/deleted from the WP panel. In that case, you must contact your web developer and ask him to that because in reference to the Item Support Policy, I am not allowed to interfere with your files.

Thanks

• edited April 2021

No, I checked the installation package I downloaded from Themeforest, the file is in betheme/functions/theme-shortcodes.php in the fresh installation package and the file in my website are the same. No one modified the file, so the cases are 2:

• You updated the file in the theme package but the Wordpress update process didn't work for this file
    • You didn't updated this file in the theme package

So I'm asking you: is there a new updated file in the new installation package? If yes, could you give me so I can replace the existing one?

• If these "theme-shortcodes.php" are the same, then it means that this code comes from another file. If you and your web developer cannot locate the file with this CSS to modify it, please, install a fresh copy of Betheme.

Thanks to that, you will have not modified theme files.

Thanks

• edited April 2021

No, the code comes from this file, from the function sc_gallery():

if (apply_filters('use_default_gallery_style', ! $html5)) {

$gallery_style = "

<style type='text/css'>

#{$selector} {

margin: auto;

}

#{$selector} .gallery-item {

float: {$float};

margin-top: 10px;

text-align: center;

width: {$itemwidth}%;

}

#{$selector} img {

border: 2px solid #cfcfcf;

}

#{$selector} .gallery-caption {

margin-left: 0;

}

/* see sc_gallery() in functions/theme-shortcodes.php */

</style>\n\t\t";

}

I checked and this file rows are the same also in the fresh installation of Betheme.

Could you help me to solve this problem, and not to pointing me to others? Until now I'm not very satisfied about the support you are providing to me.

Thanks

• Please, put the following CSS code in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS, and check if this issue still appears.

#sc_gallery-1 .gallery-item{
     float: unset!important;
    }

Thanks

• edited April 2021

Yes, finally with this custom css the alignment is now correct