BUG Header type fixed flashes on mouse hover

edited April 2021 in Theme Options

Hi,

I have to report that using the Fixed header layout style if you hover on menu items for the first time.

The problem appears only in Chromium based browsers.

I made a video demonstration at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVywHlL06fc

You can test on your template https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/eco/

Making other tests, seems that the bug happens when the top-bar is sticky and it's activated on of the menu line style (Line above, line below, etc.)

Comments

• Hello,

Please, turn off all browser extensions, and check if this issue appears.

Did you test it on other devices with chromium-based browsers?

Thanks

• Hi,

I figured out why the problem happens, or better what is rated to.

Having a notebook with 2 GPUs, the integrated one (Intel Iris Xe), the dedicated one (NVIDIA GeForce MX450).

Google Chrome and MS Edge, has the chrome://flags/#enable-gpu-rasterization default value to Enabled, disabling It or forcing the execution of Google Chrome and MS Edge with the dedicated GPU, solve the problem.

Answering your question I tested on Google Chrome and Edge before find out the GPU rasterization issue, without any extension, and the problem still happened.

Firefox ad Opera, by the way are fine. Safari I don't know because I have a Windows notebook. (I know there is the Safari for Windows but is not maintained and deeply different from the macOS version).

• That is amazing that you found the source of this problem.

I have tried to reproduce this issue in my environment, but without success, I could not even investigate this issue properly.

Thanks that you located it and found a fix. I will pass this information on to the dev team.

Best regards

• Hi,

just for curiosity, your environment has a single GPU, or multiple one?

Because I think that this problem is related to the integrated and dedicated GPU conflicts.

I don't know if the problem is solvable by twink the CSS and or JS, i this is more a browser-GPU issue.

• edited April 2021

I have two GPUs as well (integrated and dedicated). It may also depend on the graphic card model.

If I will have some more information about this issue I will let you know in this discussion.

Best regards