Cant add menu items and create new pages

edited May 2021 in Theme support

I recently had to update betheme to fix anchor link issues we were having. The update fixed the anchor links but it looks like it affected the website.

1) I can't seem to add or create a new menu. I tried increasing the input vars and memory limit, but that did not help either. Every time I try to add a menu item, it seems like it working to add it to the menu, but nothing happens.

2) The update also affected the ability for me to create new pages even with admin access I am getting access errors.

Thanks

Hasnain

Comments

• Hello,

Did you empty the cache after the update? If not, please do that.

Please also turn off all of the plugins, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, check if switching to some free theme as Twenty Twenty helps.

Thanks

• edited May 2021

Hi Phil,

I taken the following steps, all of which have not allowed me to add menu items and at this point not even able to login to the administrative side of the site.

1. Clear browsing data and cache
    2. Increase max input vars to required amount
    3. Delete .htaccess and text login, did not work so reuploaded
    4. Edit URL on wp-config file to include correct URL
    5. Deactivated all plugins

I am still unable to login to the admin side of the site, so at this point I can't do anything, including changing the theme. I've used BeTheme on other sites that are working correctly, however, the problems started with the latest 23.02 update, which was originally updated to fix an anchor link issue.

Please let me know asap what steps I can take to get everything working again smoothly as this is a client site.

Aaron

• Please, restore your website with a backup from before the update (if you do not have any, please, contact your hosting provider). After that, create a subdomain where you will install the newest version of Betheme and send me access to it through the contact form on the right side http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so that I will take a closer look at it.

Thanks