Problem while activating the BeCustom plugin

After installing the theme, when I try to activate the plug, I get the following message:

wp-content\plugins\becustom\becustom.php on line 372

$this->page = add_submenu_page(

apply_filters('betheme_dynamic_slug', 'betheme'),

__( 'BeCustom', 'mfn-translate' ),

'BeCustom',

'edit_theme_options',

'be_custom',

array( $this, 'get_template'),

);

Fresh installation of Wordpress on localhost

Comments

• Hello,

Do you have the newest version of Betheme?

If not, please, update it because BeCustom works from version 24.0.1.

Best regards

• Version 24.0.1

• Did you sent whole error message?

Because the string you sent, looks like it's cut.

thanks

• edited July 2021

Hello,

Just did my first BeTheme Standard intallation on my Windows environment. Everything when well until activating BeCustom as I've got exactly the same issue with above message.

• Hello @JamPlace,

Please, update BeCustom to the newest version through Betheme -> Install Plugins, and this error will be gone.

If you do not see the update option, please, delete BeCustom and install it again.

Thanks

• edited July 2021

Oups,

After activating to 1.0.1 I`ve got this.

Trying to roll back but I don`t want to lose my changes

Did renamed to plugins\becustom.old to be able deleting it to get back my site.

Is there any PHP settings that need to be reviewed as minimum requirements?

• Can you send me the error message you get in your mail, please?

Also, please tell me what version of PHP do you have.

Thanks

• Here is the email detail

WordPress version 5.7.2

Current theme: Betheme (version 24.0.1.2) Current plugin: BeCustom (version 1.0.1) PHP version 7.0.21

Error Details

=============

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 26 of the file D:\Web\wp.jamplace.com\wp-content\plugins\becustom\becustom_branding.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Return value of Be_custom_branding::add_menu() must be an instance of void, none returned in D:\Web\wp.jamplace.com\wp-content\plugins\becustom\becustom_branding.php:26

Stack trace:

#0 D:\Web\wp.jamplace.com\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(292): Be_custom_branding->add_menu('')

#1 D:\Web\wp.jamplace.com\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(316): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)

#2 D:\Web\wp.jamplace.com\wp-includes\plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)

#3 D:\Web\wp.jamplace.com\wp-admin\includes\menu.php(155): do_action('admin_menu', '')

#4 D:\Web\wp.jamplace.com\wp-admin\menu.php(327): require_once('D:\\Web\\wp.jampl...')

#5 D:\Web\wp.jamplace.com\wp-admin\admin.php(158): require('D:\\Web\\wp.jampl...')

#6 {main}

thrown

• Thanks for sending the error details. It helped us with investigating the source of this issue.

Tomorrow we will release the update for BeCustom, and after it, it should work again.

Thanks

• Thank you Phil,

It went great with version 1.0.2