How to change the amount of images generated by the theme?

When I upload an image, depending on the dimensions of the uploaded file, another 17 (!) versions of the image are generated, and it makes the uploads folder unnecessary big. I know WP generates three additional files by default, but where are the other ones coming from and why are they generated?

So my questions:

• where can I change how many additional images are generated by BeTheme (apart from the mediasettings in WP itself)?
  • Is there a way to revert the already generated images?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Hi,

Unfortunately, what you ask for requires file customization which is not allowed in reference to the Item Support Policy. http://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy

So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:

Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customization services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio.

Thanks

• Hi Phil,

Thanks for your answer.

I know how to modify files in my BeTheme child theme, so I don't need you guys to to do any custom development on my site. Do you have a code snippet I could use to control the amount of different images created when uploading an image?

I can't imagine I'm the only one running into this issue. As I said, depending on the size of the uploaded image, up to 17 images are generated which I don't use, and those are just cluttering my server disk space unnecessarily.

Thanks!

• Unfortunately, we do not have any code snippet for controlling the number of images that we could provide you.

People rather do not ask about this. However, this amount is necessary so all functionalities like blog layouts, galleries, featured images, etc., can work properly.

Cheers