shifting content impacting CLS

Hi,

I have rather annoying issue with content moving down the page as the page is loading. This is only visible on desktop, I don't experience this while using mobile.

This is directly impacting CLS (1.02 by all standards unacceptable) and overall user experience, as the content shifts down not only on the home page but on all of the pages.

I have noticed that my header doesn't load immediately but it takes time to load which is why maybe this delay is affecting the shifting content? I'm guessing here. The top bar is visible at once.

Can you please advise what I can do to eliminate this shift?

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

• I'm sorry, please find link to the website below:

• The modifications of the theme and plugins you are using can be the source of the problem because anyone did not complain about not proper CLS. For example, let see one of our pre-built websites:

Our theme is made according to best practices (including Google guidelines). Still, any WordPress theme can not be fully prepared according to Google PageSpeed Insights(and similar tools) because their guidelines are ridiculous.

Thanks

• I did see people complaining about CLS and you cannot simply assume that anyone will buy your theme and not make any modifications because the whole purpose of such themes is that you can easily modify them according to your business' specific needs. You didn't even try to answer my question.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• I almost gave up on login into your dashboard because of your advanced password, but finally, I was able to log in.

Big impact on your website CLS have plugins you are using. This is a test I have done before deactivating them:

And this is after deactivating:

Moreover, almost all of your pages have a Slider and animations. However, I have tested a page that does not have Slider and has few animations (plugins activated).

As you can see, the result is much better than your homepage.

I have also checked the size of your images. You should reduce their weight.

Please, follow the tips from the following link, and you will surely notice improvement.

https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-speed-up-my-site/

Thanks

• Respect for logging in eventually, my password is of the advanced and unbreakable kind :) Also, I didn't know you understand Polish ;)

I was testing the impact of different plugins that I had installed by switching them off and on and I'm not really sure what happened but CLS metric has improved by a lot (currently 0,092 for desktop) even though I basically did nothing (all of the plugins are still on). Curiously the shift of the content is still visible as it was before, it's the metric shown by Page Speed Insights that has improved but not performance per se.

On a different note - I would like to improve mobile metrics as well and Insights show that I could save a lot of time by defering offscreen images. I didn't see any option to lazy load photos in BeTheme so I was trying different plugins but none of them seems to work with your theme. Can you suggest other solution?

• Unfortunately, I cannot recommend you any plugins except the ones we support. You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:

https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

Please, check the link I have sent you in my previous message. If you follow the tips mentioned there, the performance will improve.

Also, notice that from version 5.8 WP supports the .webp extension, which can relieve the size of the images.

Thanks