Menu is collapsing when clicking on a sub-menu item

Hi,

On the site https://neu.freirad.at/ I configured the menu in the left sidebar with Muffin menu widget.

"show on click" for sub-menus is set.

Once I click on a sub-menu item, the new page is loaded, but the respective menu is collapsed again - meaning, the sub-menu item for the current page does not show up, so you don´t see from the menu (active link) where you are.

It seems, that there is no built-in solution for this - at least I didn´t find any.

Is there any method that you can think of that would make this possible?

Best regards

Markus

BTW: this would work when I set "show on hover, always show active". But unfortunately the hovering effect that comes with this setting is "too nervous". If you hover over a menu item with sub-menus this one opens the sub-menus - and if then you hover over the next menu with sub-items, the sub-menu of this menu item is opening and at the same time the first sub-menu is closing - and the position of your cursor is suddenly not on the menu item where it has been before.

Comments

• Hello,

What you want to achieve can be done with the custom CSS code. You can place it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

Do you need help with writing such code?

Best regards

• edited August 2021

is there any existing css class, that I can use for this?

I mean, I can see that on the li.menu-item there is the css class "hover" that makes the sub-menu to be opened

but how can I set this only for the respective main menu-item via css?

• It seems, I´ve found something

.widget_mfn_menu ul.submenus-click li.current-menu-parent > ul {

max-height: 10000px !important;

}

• That is great that you found that.

If I could help you with anything else, please, let me know.

Thanks