Unable to update plugin due to error message

We are receiving this notification if we try to update the plugin through the Betheme plugins page:

To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit Settings to activate your Visual Composer. Got Visual Composer in theme?

Please let us know what needs to be done to resolve this issue.

Comments

• Hi,

You can install the bundled plugin from Betheme -> Install plugins.

If the newest version is not available yet, please wait for it. The plugins you buy with the theme are not premium plugins. If you want instant updates, you have to purchase the plugins separately.

What version of WPB/Visual Composer are you trying to install?

Thanks

• We are simply trying to update it to any version because it's outdated, but we can't update to any version through the BE Theme Plugins page, it gives the error I posted in the first post.

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• The environment is currently running on a location that is not publicly accessible, is there any other way to resolve the issue?

• This problem is quite unusual, I tested it on few betheme instances and we did not notice that issue.

What version of WPB/Visual Composer do you have now?

thanks

• I noticed it's WP Bakery that won't update, it's at version 4.10. But when we update this plugin through BE Theme Plugins page, we receive an error for Visual Composer.

I've managed to create a page where you can access the admin, the credentials have been sent in the contact form per your request.

Please have a look at let us know what's happening.

P.s.: there is no SSL-certificate, please ignore this for now.

• Hello,

I just disabled all of the plugins before updating and it passed, on the online instance you can now use the latest version of WPB.

Thanks

• It seems resolved for now, thank you for the assistance.

• @Pablo extra info for your information: only the WP Bakery Visual Composer plugin needs to be deactivated in order to update it, it's not necessary to deactivate all plugins.

• Good to hear that.

Thanks for your info.

Greetings