How can I rollback to previous version

edited September 2021 in Updates & Changelog

Today I updated the theme, from v.21 to v.24, after making a local backup of all the files in our FTP.

But the styles and content seem odd. My site relies in our child theme to accomplish design needs so I believe it's our child that isn't working the new version. What options do I have to solve this? Can I rollback to v. 21?

Comments

• Hello,

If your child theme causes the improper display, unfortunately, we cannot help you solve it because the support policy states that we do not help with file customization.

To resolve these issues, you should contact your web developer.

Now, if you want your website to work and look correctly, you know it was working fine with version 21, and you have a backup from before the update, then you will have to restore it.

Best regards

• edited September 2021

Hi. Yes. I did backed up the theme before the update. The thing is that I already tried to restore and it didn't work. Any suggestions on how to restore it?

• Did you do a backup of your database as well? It is important because the database stores all WP and Betheme settings, content, etc.

If you did not, then you will have to contact your hosting provider and ask if they have a backup of your website from before update to restore it.

For the future, I recommend doing backups with the Duplicator plugin because it is simple to use, and we never had problems with it.

Best regards

• I also exported the txt file with the theme configurations prior the update to v.25. But I've tried many times to import the contents of the txt and the theme is not applying it. Any solution for this?

• Did you copy the whole content from the Export area, put it in Import, and click the Import button?

After that, all theme options should be imported. If it is not working, it might mean that you did not copy the whole text or click on Save changes instead of Import.

Cheers