Theme update failed 22.0 to 25.0.4

Hi, I have inherited a site which has been built by another developer. The theme options has a licence code entered, but I'm not sure if it is still registered.

When I attempt to update the theme from 22.0 to 25.0.4 I get an error "The package could not be installed. The package contains no files."

Could this issue be caused by de-registered theme? It is for spinalhomehelp.com.au

Today I have purchased a licence, so I could change the licence key and try the update again, or is this error caused by some other problem?

Thanks

Nicola

Comments

• Hello,

This error message is most likely because the license key used there is also used on another website.

If you purchased a new license key, then deregistering current, an registering a new license key should resolve this error.

You do not have to worry about losing anything on your website while deregistering. All content is stored in a database. However, if you want to do a backup of your website (what I suggest doing from time to time), I recommend the Duplicator plugin.

Thanks

• Hi Phil, you were right, de-registering the purchase code from the previous developer and registering my new purchase code fixed the issue. After doing that, the upgrade from 22 to 25.1.1 was successful.

I've updated the required plugins to their latest versions, so the site is all up to date now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Nicola

• I am happy that I could help.

If you have further questions or problems, please, let me know.

Thanks