Internal Server Error On Theme Installation

Hello

When I attempt to install a new BeTheme, it hangs for a while and then gives me an 'Internal Server Error' and says it cannot complete my request. All my plugins are newly installed and updated and no theme was installed prior. Please see attached picture below.....

Comments

• Hello,

Did you contact your server administrator as the message suggested?

The 500 errors are related to the server, so you should contact the administrator in that case.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status#server_error_responses

Thanks

• edited October 2021

Well I myself am the admin and so I contacted my host provider which is bluehost. They have tried to install the themes on their end but were getting the same error message. However, it appears as though when I attempt the install without WooCommerce it doesn't throw the error but still stalls on a blank screen. Then when installing themes that don't use WooCommerce at all, it tells me there was a successful install although crucial graphical components are missing. It appears as though it could be a plugin issue but I'm still having no installation luck with all plugins disabled. Really baffling!

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check it out. Please, only tell me what pre-built website you are trying to install to test importing it.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Thank you for your support. I sent an email through the contact form provided.

• Sorry, but we didn't get any message from you yet.

Please check your mail inbox for our response. Look also inside the spam folder.

If you don't have any message from us, please send your login credentials again.

Be sure that you sent all of the required information mentioned in the previous message.

• link to this forum discussion
    • link to your website
    • login credentials

Thanks

• Hello again,

An email reply with all pertinent information has been sent. Thank you!

• I have successfully imported the pre-built website you wanted by importing it in parts, but there are still a couple of things that are not okay.

The only image available in the Media library is the one from the slider, but on the pages, they are visible.

Moreover, some styles on your website are broken, and it looks the cache is the source problem. However, I tried disabling the caching plugin from the Must-use tab, and it did not help.

Please, ensure that you do not have any caching tools enabled on your server, and if they are active, please, turn them off.

Thanks

• edited October 2021

Awesome. Thank you! Few Questions:

-For future reference, how, exactly, did you import the theme in parts?

-Despite the missing media content (in the library), I can still add my own media as I choose right?

-How would I go about disabling the caching tools and consequently checking to see if the disable has resolved the styling issue? I went to caching setting on the top menu and set the cache level to 0 (OFF) but I notice no difference on the website styling. Would the site theme need to be re-imported to refresh or 'retry' to theme styling?

Thanks again!

• 1) If you want to import the pre-built websites in parts, you need to do the following:

-choose the desired demo, and reset the database to clear your website from previous content;

-choose Selected data only and select Content;

-after successful import, choose the demo again, skip the database reset, and import the Theme Options and Revolution Slider demo;

2) You need to test it, but you should be able to import and use your own media.

3) I tried to import the demo two or three times, but the styles did not change. So please, go to your cPanel to see if you do not have any caching enabled on your server. If you do not find anything, you can also contact your hosting provider and ask about it.

Best regards

• edited October 2021

The information is much appreciated! So once I check with my host, I should re-impprt the theme in order to 'check', if the styles changed? And also, just to be clear, my goal here is to ultimately enable or disable the caching? Which? Thanks as always!

• Also, as a workaround, is there any way for me to manually edit and change the stylized content so that it matches the template?

• The caching should be disabled because it may hold the settings and styles from before the update.

Of course, you can edit the styles. Most of them can be changed in the Theme options. However, after import pre-built website should not need any changes to look like on the preview.

If you successfully disable all caching on your website, the styles should be correct.

Best regards

• Bluehost has assisted me in getting the site up (mostly). All is up except for some missing media still and inconsistent styling. Before that, they were getting the 404 missing page error (which they said they fixed by reassigning the home page designation in settings (settings>reading settings>homepage)) and the Internal Server Error (which they fixed by updating permissions and renaming the .user.ini fil to .user.ini1 which seemed to work for some reason in File Manager>public_html I am having them look over again to see if they can once and for all fix the styling and media issues.

• You can also try to install a fresh copy of Betheme and check if the styling corrects.

You do not have to worry that anything will be deleted or missing because all content is stored in a database.

Thanks