JSON issue in pre-built website BeMeat (unable to save changes in footer widget)

edited October 2021 in Theme support

Hi,

I have a problem that I have been unable to deal with for several weeks and I just lost my patience. I have two days to publish my website, but can't edit the footer and finish the project.

Editing the footer (appearance -> widget) I cannot save any changes. Every time I get the message "An error has occurred. The response is not a valid JSON response." : |

Everything else works fine. During work/editing, no error occurred even once. You can edit anything you want, but not the f... footer.

I tried everything: changes to htaccess, disable plugins, cleared the cache, changed permalinks - no effect. Nothing helps and the problem reappears after every reinstallation. This is my 5th!

My work ends up in the bin, and I can't help it.

I'm seriously pissed.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and managed to solve it? Maybe you have any idea where the cause lies? I don't have the strength anymore ...

EDIT:

I just got around the problem. Editing works, although not without problems, if we enter the footer widget:

Appearance -> Template -> Customize

From there, you can edit the widget and save it, but it happens that the block editor goes crazy and does not respond, for example, to clicking on editing a link.

We can consider that the problem is half resolved;)

Comments

• Hello,

Please, change your theme to some free one like Twenty Twenty, and check if the same thing happens.

If with the free theme, the problem persists, this means that this issue comes from your hosting, and you should contact your hosting provider to resolve it.

When you check it, please, let me know about the results.

Thanks

• Checked with Twenty Twenty.

Problem still presists.

I will contact with hosting provider.

• After waiting for nearly an hour on the line, the supplier said the error was indeed happening. Wow :) Unfortunately, he is not able to remove the cause right away. I have to wait. How long? He didn't say that. He said they need more time for testing ...

At this point, the only solution is to edit the footer via Appearance -> Theme -> Customize -> Footer

This is some kind of temporary solution to this problem. I will keep you updated on the progress. I hope that the problem can be completely solved, and more importantly, find out the cause.

• Thanks for reporting on what state you are currently on.

When your hosting provider resolves the problem, you can let me know what the source of this issue was.

Thanks