Masonry Blog Layout- Supposed to Create Full Blog Post for first and Masonry for Others?

edited June 2015 in Theme Options
Hi, I tried turning on masonry mode under Blog, Portfolio & Shop -> Blog -> Layout; however I keep having the first post displayed normally like a blog post within the div "extra_content", is this supposed to happen? I don't see anywhere to modify this extra_content section or change whether its on or off.

Also, I'd like to change the template like remove the masonry meta information, I don't see a template file for masonry...

Comments

• Hi,

no, this is not how this supposed to work like. If you created Blog page properly, you probably forgot to set blog page under Settings > Reading section.

But if you want to remove the masonry meta information, please send us url to page where you want to do this and we'll give you right css.
  • Hey it may be a bug with your latest theme update then?  I just tried installing the latest theme file onto a fresh install, set the layout to masonry, added two posts, and I can see the display is incorrect.  It isn't a blog page setting issue, because it affects category display as well, which also has this issue of first post being full-scale.
  • Please send us access to your dashboard on pm with explanation and we'll show you that it's the mistake on your side.
  • Hey, I got it to work, but it only works when implemented in a very specific way which I think could definitely be improved.  For example, if I enable the masonry without changing the posts page, I get the original post to show at top, if I point the posts page to a custom page I still get the top post to show unless I select "hide the content" as part of muffin builder.  This seems like an unnecessarily hard or buggy implementation (which is a great feature though).
  • This should work without activating this option and until you won't send us access, we won't be able to check what you did wrong.