“The package contains no files.” install/update error - Domain change via GoDaddy vs Be API

Am getting the “The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.” error when I try to update BeTheme or ANY of the prepackaged Plugins.

Think it's because I did things out of order.

I set up a Wordpress via GoDaddy, installed and registered BeTheme using the placeholder URL, BEFORE setting up my Primary domain in the GoDaddy Hosting Manager dashboard to the final/current URL - as such, in the Muffingroup API/BeTheme Licenses my site is still showing as xxx.xxx.myftpupload.com rather than the CURRENT (.com) URL.

I'm assuming this is the problem.

Please advise my next step - I was hesitant to start clicking around with "deregister" on either the BeTheme Licenses page or on the Dashboard and risk "breaking" anything further than I already had. Also, I wasn't 100% that deregistering was even the right course of action.

Comments

• Hey,

This message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest.

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard).

After that, get into the license manager once more. If the license key is still claimed - deregister it. If it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins a couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

Deregistering will not break anything on your website, so you do not have to worry about it.

Thanks

• edited January 2022

Was just registered to the single "placeholder" domain. Followed the instructions per deregistering via the BeTheme Dashboard and then the License Manager and then re-registering in the Dashboard (in your second and third paragraphs) and that resolved it - the license is now showing in the Manager as registered to the correct/current domain. Theme and plugins are now updating successfully!

Thank you!

• I am always happy to help.

If you have any other questions or problems, feel free to ask.

Thanks