Demo Theme Vision: Layout is not as in Demo [demo import solved / FastCGI / PHP5]

edited June 2015 in Theme support
Hi, I installed Betheme on my test server wordpress installation and imported the Demo Data from Vision. On the test-server all looks perfect. Now I installed the Betheme on the production-server and also imported the Demo Data from Vision but now the layout doesn't look right anymore. The boxes are now under the header picture instead a little over the header picture. See screenshots (Dropbox-link), one how it looks on the test-server and one how it looks on the production-server.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x17kvwyja11641v/AAA3OR-ufeY4WNr00ZV4ehMTa?dl=0

The DNS don't show yet to the hoster, that's why you would only be able to look at the website with the ip-adress in host file: 80.74.149.6 marykruhl.ch

One difference from the installation was, that it didn't add custom CSS in the fields as on my installation on the test-server, so I copied the CSS from the test-server version to the production-server version: 

h2, h3 { font-weight: 400; }
h4, h5, h6 { font-weight: 300; }

.treatments .column_fancy_heading { margin-bottom: 10px; }
#intro .one-third { margin: 0; width: 33.333%; }
.opening_hours > h3 { font-size: 26px; line-height: 30px; }

/* Header */
.header-menu-right #Top_bar .menu_wrapper { margin: 0 15px; }
#Header_wrapper,
body:not(.template-slider) #Header_wrapper { background: none; }
body.minimalist-header.header-modern:not(.template-slider) #Header { min-height: 0; }
#Top_bar { position: static; }
#Top_bar .column,
#Top_bar .container { width: 100% !important; margin: 0; }
#Top_bar a.responsive-menu-toggle { color: #fff; }

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
html { background-image: none !important; }
}

/* Content */
#Wrapper, #Content {
    background-color: transparent;
}
#Wrapper {
    box-shadow: 0 0 0 0;
}

/* Footer */
#Footer .widgets_wrapper { padding: 25px 0; }
#Footer .footer_copy { background: #272f57; color: #fff; }
#Footer .footer_copy a { color: #fff; }
#Footer .footer_copy .one { margin-bottom: 30px; }
#Footer .footer_copy .copyright { float: left; text-align: center; width: 100%; }
#Footer .footer_copy a#back_to_top { display: none; }

/* Form */
input[type="text"], input[type="tel"], input[type="password"], input[type="email"], textarea, select, .woocommerce .quantity input.qty {
    background-color: #f3f3f3;
    border-width: 0;
    box-shadow: 0 0 0 0;
    color: #788386;
}
input[type="text"]:focus, input[type="tel"]:focus, input[type="password"]:focus, input[type="email"]:focus, textarea:focus, select:focus {
    background-color: #dbe8ec !important;
}
/* Button */
a.button_theme, a.tp-button.button_theme, button, input[type="submit"], input[type="reset"], input[type="button"] {
  background-color: #f3f3f3;
}

I hope you can help me with this. 
Thank you in advance and best regards
Helga

Comments

• Hi,

this looks like custom css from Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom css wasn't imported properly. Did you checked on new server if custom css exist? This css must be exactly the same as on test side. Sometimes css may not be imported if server where you are importing demo is not compatible with wp_remote_get() function. This is wordpress functions which uses loopbacks what may be blocked on new server.
  • Hi, 
    thanks a lot for your answer.
    Actually, it is exactly what happened. After the import of the demo data, there were no entries in «Custom CSS & JS» and neither in the url for the background pictures on the homepage. I copied all from the test server installation. 

Now I uploaded the custom.css again on the new server (actually the file custom.css was successfully uploaded) but it is still the same. Do you have any other suggestion what I could try now?

Thanks again!
    Best Regards
    Helga
  • We wrote above where the problem is. The issue is related with wp_remote_get() function which uses loopbacks and this wordpress function is not compatible with your server. You should contact with your host admin because it's not theme issue.

P.S. We do not use custom.css file so we have no idea what file you imported exactly. Whole custom css is stored under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section. If you want, you can try to import these settings under your Muffin Options panel. But please notice this will reset all your current settings.
  • Hi thanks a lot. 
    I contacted the hoster and they somehow fixed it :)

Best Regards.
    Helga
  • @hazyline Can you ask them what they exactly did? We really appreciate if you can leave us some information about what exactly they did on your side to fix it.

Thanks in case!
  • Hi, yes I asked the hoster. This is what they did: (i copy paste it in german and try to translate it)

Wir haben die PHP-Unterstützung angepasst. PHP läuft als Apache-Modul aber mit der zweitinstanz von FastCGI aktiviert.
    We have adjusted the PHP support. PHP running as an Apache-Modul, but with the second instance of FastCGI enabled.

In der .htaccess Datei gibt es die folgende Zeile:
    In the .htaccess file there is the following line: 
    AddHandler php5-fastcgi .php .php5

I hope that helps.
    Best regards, Helga
  • Wow, that's it? Looks like they activated just FastCGI and support for php5. Thanks for explanation :)
  • You're welcome! Thanks for your help too! :)>-