Slow loading of Pages and Posts in the backend

Hi,

since the last major update the loading speed of pages and posts in the wordpress backend has extremely decreased on my projects. Sometimes the browser even tells me, that the site "doesn't react" anymore and asks if I would still like to wait. I have got a 1 GB connection and even in Wordpress other Plugins and functions work very fluidly. Is there any helpfull solution to this? I have already selected the "old builder look" but still it takes me almost a minute to load a simple page.

cheers

Comments

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Sorry, but we didn't get any message from you yet.

Please check your mail inbox for our response. Look also inside the spam folder.

If you don't have any message from us, please send your login credentials again.

Be sure that you sent all of the required information mentioned in the previous message.

• link to this forum discussion
    • link to your website
    • login credentials

Thanks

• o.k., thought you could match name and message. so it is done again, cheers

• I have checked your website, and the backend loads almost identically like on my environment, or sometimes even faster. 😄

Does it happen on particular pages/posts, or are there any steps to reproduce it?

Can you check if the same thing happens on a different browser, please?

Thanks

• edited February 2022

No all pages and posts are always extremely slow. I changed from chrome to firefox and the loading time decreased at first. But after a second run it is the same as in chrome. About 20 sec for a page. I tried edge and safari and it is the same.

Thanks

• edited February 2022

• I have checked it with Chrome as well, and the loading time was similar.

Maybe some of your browser extensions cause it. Please, disable all of them, and check if the load time improves.

Moreover, you can check if, in incognito mode, the pages and posts load faster.

Please tell me, are you using Muffin Builder or Muffin Live Builder?

Thanks

• "Maybe some of your browser extensions cause it. Please, disable all of them, and check if the load time improves.

Moreover, you can check if, in incognito mode, the pages and posts load faster."

-> done both, did not change anything

-> I use simply the WP Editor or Muffin Builder

Thanks

• Please, open one of your pages, open the inspector, press F12, reload the page, and see if you do not have any errors (red ones) in the console. If you will notice any, please, extend it, and send a screenshot showing it.

Moreover, please, open the Network tab, and see what resource takes the longest time to load.

Thanks

• no errors found, cheers

• Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce this issue.

None of your pages loaded longer than 5sec for me.

Please, go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Performance, Disable the Google Fonts, and see if the loading time improved.

Moreover, disable all of your plugins, and recheck it.

You can also test if the loading time is long even when you activate some free theme like Twenty Twenty.

Thanks

• Disabeled google fonts and all plugins - no change. Then I changed the Theme and the page loaded quickly. As quickly as Betheme did in former times....

• Can you please, send me dashboard access to the account you are testing with?

One more test you can do is to check if hiding the Muffin Builder in Betheme -> theme options -> Global -> Advanced helps.

Thanks

• I already gave you the dashboard access.

Yes, hiding helps. But I want to built with the builder. Therefore the theme...

• Are you using the account "supportbetheme" for building your website?

I want to check the exact environment you are using.

Moreover, this account has limited privileges, so I cannot access everything in the dashboard.

Thanks

• OK, I will send you another email.

• I have checked that, but the problem did not appear on my computer.

Please, try the following:

• switch the theme from child to parent
    • turn off all of the plugins
    • clear your browser cache
    • check if the loading time improved

I cannot reproduce it, so it is hard to tell what exactly is the root cause.

Thanks

• No change. It is still way too slow.

• Sorry, but we cannot help as this issue does not appear in our environments.

If you notice any steps that could be reproduced to see this issue, please, let us know.

Moreover, if you have the opportunity to test it on another PC, please, check that.

Best regards

• This is very strange. I tried another MacBookPro and it is the same issue....

• Tested with the MacBookPro, and also load time was not longer than 5sec.

Sorry, but our help, in that case, is really limited.

Best regards

• O.K., so we know, when I turn off the Muffin Builder, everything works fine. And the delay pops up on every device I tested. But not at your place and so there is nothing you can do...

Best regards

• Sadly we cannot help.

If the same thing happened on our devices, we would be able to locate what causes it, but now it is impossible.

Best regards

• Thanks for trying. And yes, sadly...