Critical error when updating theme

I currently have Betheme version 24.0.3.1 and I have tried to update it many times over the past 6-months every time I attempt to update to a newer version my website has a critical error and crashes, I then need to restore a backup to get it back online.

I really need this resolved as I am now very far behind in updates which is a major security risk.

Comments

• Hi,

Can you tell me what does this critical error says, please?

Did you try disabling all of the plugins, and if you are using, switching from the child to parent theme for an update?

Best regards

• I have Done this and when I reactivate Woocommerce, that is when the critical error happens.

• I do not want to check that on your live website, so it will not break again, so please, create a subdomain where you will install a copy of your site with the Duplicator plugin.

You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key, as long as the main domain is registered under the same key.

When you do that please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access to copied website privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• I have successfully updated the Betheme on the https://dev.daretobeyou.net.au/.

I deactivated all plugins, switched to the parent theme, and updated Betheme.

When I noticed that everything went well, I activated the plugins back and it kept working.

However, when I activated a child theme, the Critical Error appeared.

It means that the root cause is your child theme.

We do not provide help with the child themes configuration so I suggest either not activating a child theme or contacting your web developer to locate what modification in the files can cause it.

Best regards