Video shortcode doesn't work

edited March 2022 in Shortcodes

Hi guys,

I just can't understand why the videos that I insert with the relative inline shortcode in the description of the product page are NOT displayed on the frontend side.

This is the code that, for example, I would like to insert; it's a youtube video:

[video_embed video="gpo5aF78zaE" parameters="autoplay=1&loop=1" mp4="" ogv="" placeholder="" html5_parameters="" width="700" height="auto"]

Someone to help me, please!!! 🤒

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

• Hello,

yes of course, you're right ...:

Here, this is the link to a product page where I inserted a youtube video ... which you cannot see:

https://www.gullifer.it/prodotto/di-bi-tec-tecma-trituratore-wc-sanisplit-1/

I am also attaching some screenshots on the backend side ... hoping it will be of some use.

I trust in your help, because I just don't understand where I'm wrong:

Call to action shortcode works, zigzag divider shortcode works, video shortcode doesn't ... 🤯

PLEASE, HELP ME!!! 🙏

• Please open your website in Firefox HTML mode (CTRL+U) and check the HTML errors you got. Please fix them first, and check if the video appears then.

Also, please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and recheck it.

If this will not help, please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks!

• "Please open your website in Firefox HTML mode (CTRL + U) and check the HTML errors you received. Please correct them first and check if the video is showing."

SORRY, BUT I'M NOT SO GOOD TO UNDERSTAND IF THERE ARE ERRORS OR NOT .... 😣 Can you check for me?

I also disabled all plugins, updated the cache and double-checked ... and nothing to do: the video is not shown.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• BUT... I ALREADY SENT IT TO THEM YESTERDAY!!!! 😣 And they answered me:

Hey,

I have passed your details to person responsible for your topic and he should respond very soon on support forum.

-------------------------

Best regards,

Muffin Group team

I have also attached a link to this thread in the forum. WHAT ELSE I SHOULD TO DO??? 😓

• One of your plugins causes it.

I have deactivated all except the supported ones, and the video showed up.

Please, disable your plugins one by one (except WooCommerce) and you will see which one is the root cause.

Thanks

• Thanks Phil! 🤩💚😍💯😊

I didn't think it could be a plugin that "bothered" the video shortcode ... I tried to deactivate some of them, but I was convinced that the problem was in the shortcode ... instead, thanks to your help, I deactivated one plugin at a time and, from time to time, I checked if the video appeared or not.

In the end I caught him! Here we have it:

Cookiebot | GDPR / CCPA Compliant Cookie Consent and Control

Now everything seems to be working as it should!

THANK YOU AGAIN ... ESPECIALLY FOR THE PATIENCE!

• You are welcome, I am glad that I could help.

If you have any other questions or problems, please, let me know.

Thanks