Broken pagination on portfolio pages

Hey guys,

I got a sudden problem with pagination in portfolios. I'm not quite sure what caused it but on portfolio pages the portfolio element wouldn't "load more" when you hit the button but repeat the items over and over. I tried normal pagination as well, but that doesn't do anything anymore. Worked like a charm a few days ago though. And even more confusing - on normal pages it's still working fine.

not working on portfolio page: https://jungearchaeologen.de/portfolio-item/bornsen-fpl-1-2/

working fine on normal page: https://jungearchaeologen.de/huenengraeber/

I hope you guys have an idea, what the issue could be. I don't have caching activated yet and turning the cookie blocker (complianz) off had no effect either. I moved from a subdomain to the main domain lately - could that have caused a hickup somehow?

Cheers in advance

Hannes

Comments

• Hi,

Can you tell me how did you move your website from the subdomain to the main domain?

If you used some plugin for it, please, tell me the name of it.

Thanks

• Hi Phil,

thanks for getting back! I redirected the main Domain to the wordpress folder of the sub domain and changed the URL settings in wordpress to „jungearchaeologen.de“ instead of „workshop.jungearchaeologen.de“

Cheers

Hannes

• Please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

If this will not help please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• I’m not using cache plugins and bethemes own caching was turned off so far. Is there any other way or need to purge other caches? Can’t find any wordpress settings for caching?

Tried turning off all but bethemes plugins and viewed it on a fresh device in a private browsing tab but the problem remained. Anything else I can do on caches before I send you the login credentials?

• You can check if you do not have any caching tool enabled on your server.

If you do not have anything like that, please, send the login credentials.

Thanks

• Sorry, but the account you have sent me does not have admin rights.

Can you change them, please?

Thanks

• I can see that you do not have the newest version of Betheme what could be the root cause.

Please, update it. When you do this, please, let me know.

Thanks

• Hey Phil,

yeah that is deliberately. I had to fallback to the old version when I updated a while ago, because the new editor and the changed div structures messed up a few things for me. But the pagination was already working in this version and still is on all pages that are not portfolio pages. So something else must be conflicted I assume? I would prefer if I wouldn’t have to update for now if anyhow possible? :)

(The new editor looks great and all but so close to launch - or now having just launched - I would really prefer not having to spend time on fixing up everything for the update)

Cheers

Hannes

• I have contacted the dev team, and they said that it would not work for the portfolio projects pages (and did not work on the previous versions) because of the Portfolio element structure and how it works.

Unfortunately, you will have to build it differently.

However, can you tell me what things mess up after the update? If your custom CSS or plugins does not interfere with the content, then the display should be the same as before the update.

Best regards

• Damn that's unfortunate. I could swear that it had worked before. Ok, I'll come up with something else then.

Re the theme update - Some of my custom CSS broke. But more so we were reusing a lot of blocks from one page to another while building, but settings had gone to "deprecated" so it made it harder to work with that. We were also not able to replicate the same results on the fly with the new editor, so decided we can't afford the time at the moment to get used to the new system.

Maybe once the side is on good ground we'll invest the time to do the transition, but that will be some effort for us to do so I think.

All the best

Hannes

• Well, the builder is now using the flexbox which is a lot different and better way that we used earlier, it allows to make much interesting and advanced layouts.

We really suggest to spend some time with our new builder, in comparation with our old builder, now you can build website faster, easier and looking better due new options that we provided.

About the transition, what do you mean? You want to use the animation-like for some section or items?

thanks

• I meant the transition from the old editor to the new editor :)

Cheers

Hannes