2 issues: Page content disappeared when edit after update, also Revolution slider not loading

edited April 2022 in Revolution Slider

Background: I just bought and updated BeTheme from a 2017 version, hoping this would fix revolution slider. But it has not. All plugins, php, etc have been brought up to date as well. In addition I added user.ini and have fixed the only system status issue there was so everything has the green checkmark (max input vars is now 5000, which was the only one that needed fixing).

As far as Revolution Slider goes: I looked at previous discussion and have tried deactivating all plugins except Slider revolution and clearing cache but the slider still just shows the spinner.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: After the update I was trying to fix the slider, but when I went to edit the home page I lost all the page content. I am concerned this will happen when I edit any of the other pages as well. Is there a way to avoid it? I think it is converting the content to the new BeBuilder. Can I turn that off and make sure there is no conversion happening when I go to edit? How do you turn it off?

I am contemplating restoring from the previous backup in the host, so I can attempt to copy the html from the home page since I don't want to recreate everything. But if I do that I'll have to re-update everything and will still have the above issues and questions.

To recap main questions:

1)How to get the revolution slider to work

2)How to avoid losing page content when it converts to the new BeBuilder (and how to get lost content back if possible).

Hope you can help!

Comments

• Hi,

• Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

• Moreover, please share with us your PHPINFO file. It's really necessary right now.

If you do not know how to do it, please check this topic:

https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-create-phpinfo-php-page/

• However, the new version of our builder should not erase your current content. Are you using a child theme, or did you modify anything in your database?

Thanks