Padding in Advanced > Spacing show in BeBuilder, but don't render on actual page.

WP 6.0, Betheme 23.3.3, PHP 7.4.28, using Chrome 101.xxx

Changes to padding in the (some block) -> Advanced -> Spacing -> Padding options render correctly in the BeBuilder, but do not render correctly when viewing the actual page. (mysite.com\?page_id=xxx) I can force these specifications by adding the literal CSS to the Advanced -> Custom -> Additional CSS area. But I'm sure you can see the inefficiency of that.

Additionally, sometimes when specifying options in BeBuilder, those options are overridden by what are labelled as "deprecated options". And, it seems BeBuilder doesn't allow me to modify the deprecated options, so I've to go into the wpbakery classic editor and change the deprecated option because that's the one that actually takes.

So, is this stuff just buggy or am I missing something? Thanks for considering.

And FYI, it seems like y'all should put "BeBuilder" as an option in the Category drop-down for these discussions.

Comments

• Hi,

1) Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

But before that, please, check the following article, and follow the steps from there:

https://support.muffingroup.com/faq/bebuilder-content-different-from-frontend-missing-styles/

2) You should be able to remove the deprecated options without any obstacles. However, if you want me to take a closer look at it, please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

3) We have a category for our builder, but we renamed it from Muffin Builder to BeBuilder a while ago and forgot to change the category title on the forum. But thanks to you we have already changed it.

Thanks

• 1) Yeah, I didn't include a link because it's pw protected at this point. I will send a private message with login info and description of what to look for.

I looked at the suggested link, https://support.muffingroup.com/faq/bebuilder-content-different-from-frontend-missing-styles/, and this does not apply to the site in question (the wordpress and site url are exactly the same and not SSL at this point.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by "remove the deprecated options" - remove the deprecated options sections, or just the values? I'm hesitant to remove the options section entirely because in some cases, the deprecated options are the only ones that are actually working.

• edited June 2022

Okay, so the issues that are occuring are multi-layered

1) The issues of bebuilder not matching what is actually rendered during page view exists.

2) Sometimes options selected in muffin-builder are ineffective.

3) There's an issue of my co-worker seeing completely different renderings on my computer versus hers. In the Testimonials page, every-other section should be a grey background. I see that just fine (chrome 102.5* on Mojave, AND Chrome 102.5* on Win 10), but she doesn't (chrome 102.5* on Monterey 12.3 ). There are multiple other discrepancies between renderings our computers - the Massage page doesn't have a marble background on the bottom section for her, but does for me. There WAS a complication with the buttons on the Massage page not showing up on my computer, bud did on hers. I dug into the CSS and found there was a color specification conflict that was resolving differently. The "color" and "background" for the "massage intake form" and "schedule a massage" buttons were both set to yellow. There's also a .custom-button .button-theme selector set that indicates a dark grey color (not sure where this is defined in the theme). On her computer, chrome prioritized this darker color over the button color, but on my computer, chrome prioritized the "color" setting for the button. I fixed this by removing the "color" specification for the button. Since discovering there's a discrepancy between how my computer and her computer's renderer's priortize CSS selectors, maybe that's a common mechanism for the discrepancies we are seeing.

There are many other either discrepancies between our systems, or problems with muffin-builder or bebuilder settings appearing to have no effect.

Are other people experiencing this kind of stuff frequently? Is there a way to simplify things? Is there a way to remove all the deprecated options? Maybe having both old and new ways of doing things working at the same time is causing conflicts? Thank you for looking into this.

-Jesse and Sarah

• Sorry, but you did not attach a link to your website anywhere.

Can you send it, please?

Thanks

• I have similar problems with the Advanced settings within a Section. All content settings are applied. Advanced settings are not applied. Colors, spacing, borders etc. The changes are only visible in Live Builder, not in the frontend. They are also not displayed in the Console.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Thought I had sent that in the private message to muffin group - so I sent again just now.

• I'm not sure which one of you sent the access, page have in adress hand2handfitness.

I created the MuffinTest page and it works fine, can you tell me how to recreate that problem?

thanks

• Can you please read this and respond to each question?

Okay, so the issues that are occuring are multi-layered

1) The issues of bebuilder not matching what is actually rendered during page view exists.

2) Sometimes options selected in muffin-builder are ineffective.

3) There's an issue of my co-worker seeing completely different renderings on my computer versus hers. In the Testimonials page, every-other section should be a grey background. I see that just fine (chrome 102.5* on Mojave, AND Chrome 102.5* on Win 10), but she doesn't (chrome 102.5* on Monterey 12.3 ). There are multiple other discrepancies between renderings our computers - the Massage page doesn't have a marble background on the bottom section for her, but does for me. There WAS a complication with the buttons on the Massage page not showing up on my computer, bud did on hers. I dug into the CSS and found there was a color specification conflict that was resolving differently. The "color" and "background" for the "massage intake form" and "schedule a massage" buttons were both set to yellow. There's also a .custom-button .button-theme selector set that indicates a dark grey color (not sure where this is defined in the theme). On her computer, chrome prioritized this darker color over the button color, but on my computer, chrome prioritized the "color" setting for the button. I fixed this by removing the "color" specification for the button. Since discovering there's a discrepancy between how my computer and her computer's renderer's priortize CSS selectors, maybe that's a common mechanism for the discrepancies we are seeing.

There are many other either discrepancies between our systems, or problems with muffin-builder or bebuilder settings appearing to have no effect.

Are other people experiencing this kind of stuff frequently? Is there a way to simplify things? Is there a way to remove all the deprecated options? Maybe having both old and new ways of doing things working at the same time is causing conflicts? Thank you for looking into this.

Additionally, can you tell if something is misconfigured? I checked the Site vs WP URL's and they match.

• 1, 2) Can you attach a screenshot showing it, and tell me which page behaves like this, please?

I have modified a little page that Pablo created (MfnTest), and all changes are visible both on the backend and on the actual page.

3) Can you send a link to that page, please?

I could not find these testimonials.

For that, you can attach screenshots too.

Thanks