Orders are pending/cancelled in WooCommerce despite successful checkout

Hello!

(I assume I am asking Betheme technical support. I just purchased the theme and am looking for support to fix bugs in the theme).

We are experiencing problems in one of our ecommerces and that is that when people buy a product and pay, the orders are put in "Canceled" status, even though the payment has been correct. And therefore, they don't receive the email that they have made a purchase until you manually set the order status to "Completed".

We have contacted the payment gateway and they get 406 error "Not Acceptable", with the bank and everything is ok, with many of the customers and they make the payment correctly.

At the begining, modSecurity blocked us some payments, but now modSecurity issue is already fixed but we are still having problems with the orders.

So after much research, we have detected the error.

The error is caused by our "Betheme" theme.

I have been monitoring some test purchases and we have seen that the problem is right here (sorry for the copy paste).

https://trxspain.es/carrito/ [Wed Jun 08 16:21:48.846204 2022] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 4035718:tid 140426342725376] [client 79.156.216.145:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/trxspain/www/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/meta-page. php on line 322PHP message: PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/trxspain/www/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/meta-page.php on line 322PHP message: data was called incorrectly. Order properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader. php'), do_action('template_redirect'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_AJAX::do_wc_ajax, do_action('wc_ajax_checkout'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_AJAX:: checkout, WC_Checkout->process_checkout, WC_Checkout->process_order_without_payment, WC_Order->payment_complete, WC_Order->save, WC_Order->status_transition, do_action('woocommerce_order_status_changed'),WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, xen_auto_complete_by_payment_method, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Order->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong. This message was added in version 3.0.PHP message: PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/trxspain/www/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/meta-page.php on line 322PHP message: data was called incorrectly. Order properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader. php'), do_action('template_redirect'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_AJAX::do_wc_ajax, do_action('wc_ajax_checkout'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_AJAX:: checkout, WC_Checkout->process_checkout, WC_Checkout->process_order_without_payment, WC_Order->payment_complete, WC_Order->save, WC_Order->status_transition, do_action('woocommerce_order_status_changed'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, xen_auto_complete_by_payment_method, WC_Order->update_status, WC_Order->save, WC_Order->status_transition, do_action('woocommerce_order_status_changed'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, xen_auto_complete_by_payment_method, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Order->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong. This message was added in version 3.0.', referer: https://trxspain.es/finalizar-compra/

We were wondering if you had ever run into this problem or if you could tell us what we could do to try to fix this.

We have the theme quite outdated (we have version 20. and are already on version 26.), and when we update it, the website crashes.

Now I'm afraid to put the new theme I already bought at this time and my site crashes again.

I have updated the rest of plugin + wordpress and it has not crashed, so the problem is within the theme, it is not a matter of incompatibility between plugins.

I know that taking this log is quite unbearable, but I've been looking on the Internet for pieces of this log, but I can not find any solution.

Can you give us some advice to try to solve this somehow or can you tell us what we can do to fix it?

Best regards and thank you very much in advance.

Alex.

Comments

• Hi,

Please, create a copy of your website with the Duplicator plugin, put it on the subdomain*, update the Betheme there, and send us a WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

*You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key, as long as the main domain is registered under the same key.

This also applies to subfolders on localhost installations.

Thanks

• I just sent you the WP and FTP credentials so you can check what happens with my Theme.

If I activate my Betheme, my WP doesn't crash, but I need to use the child theme because I have all my scripts and styles there.

I will send you a video so you can see how I update the theme and the website crashes:

https://anonfiles.com/f4VcGdo4yb/HOME_-_TRX_Spain_-_Google_Chrome_2022-06-10_19-13-47_mp4

Thank you in advance. We will be waiting for your answer.

Kind regards,

Alex.

• When I tried to enter your dashboard, but I got only this:

Moreover, the video you have sent me is not working either.

Also, if the website crashes only with your child's theme active, it means that the modifications there are the root cause.

As you can read in our documentation, we do not cover such changes, and to fix that, you should contact your web developer instead.

Best regards

• Hello.

The login should work.

I uploaded 2 videos in Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X3wvhcjvYs-ulAD5EHGjWxueejdrnNSO?usp=sharing

1.- Showing you how to login.

2.- Showing you how WP crases after update Betheme.

Thank you.

• I have checked that, and indeed the parent theme works correctly, and as I mentioned in my previous message, we do not help with modified child themes, so you should contact your web developer to resolve that.

Moreover, you have an enormous number of plugins (74 and 61 active!), and most of them are not supported by Betheme.

I suggest you deactivate all plugins, except basic WooCommerce, switch from a child theme to a parent, and check if the test website works correctly. If everything will work, activate plugins one by one to locate the root cause.

Best regards