Update WPbackery

Hello,

I have a strange issue on one of my websites. On this particular website it is not possible to update WPbackery. Under Betheme install plugins there is on mention of a new version. The active version is 6.6.0 and this is an old version. I am aware that removing WPbackery and installing it again will solve the problem but I have to do this for each new version. As this is not the normal procedure I'm wondering what is wrong with this update. I have tried to diable all the plugins but the issue remains the same. To update WPbackery I have to remove it first.

Best regards.

Comments

• Hi,

So you do not have the update button?

Or it does not work?

Best regards

• Hello,

this is the problem, there is no update link ...

• Please, check if you do not have any caching tool enabled on your server, and if it is active, please, disable it, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, please go to Betheme -> Dashboard, and check your API server connection.

Thanks

• Hello,

I have no caching tool enabled and the API server connection is working ...

Even if I deactivate the few plugins that are installed it is still the same problem.

Best regards.

• Hello,

Please remove the WPBakery plugin completely and install it again, it will install the latest version of the plugin, because we do not keep the old version of bundled plugins.

You won't lose any of the content of the page, because it's stored in the database, but if you want to be safe, please make a backup using this plugin listed below.

Thanks

• edited June 2022

Hello,

ofcourse this will work until the next time there is an update available. The same issue will be there again. This is the fourth time I have to do it like this. There has to be a reason why it doesn't work the normal way?

Also the plugin that you recommend gives a fault message after the scan ...

Best regards.

• I think there is a problem with some caching on your server, because if it would be the problem on our side, then a lot of topics like that would appear on the support forum or on private messages.

Please, contact your hosting provider about it, ask them about some caching or holding wp transitions.

thanks

• Hi,

the cache on my site is removed (flushed) but the issue remains. The hosting provider has checked all other possible issues but has found on errors.

Best regards.

• We'll take a deeper investigation about this problem, for now please use the workaround I told you previosly.

It could take some time, because right now, I'm not able to recreate the problem - still looking.

Thanks