Demo Content Not Installing Completely

Hi guys,

I have problems trying to fully install Be demo themes. The content and attachments will install, so I get the pages and most of the images, etc. However, the actual layout settings do not update, so I end up with pages with most of their content, but without the layout settings for the specific theme selected, e.g. http://79.170.40.233/theclientzone.co.uk/andwedothisspa/

During the actual update process it gets so far then just stops - no confirmation message...just the admin page with no content on it.

I tried updating rhe wp-config file with define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' ); and set_time_limit(180); but that did not help.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Comments

• Hi,

if you got problems with saving content for pages, then max_input_vars variable must be increased. As default it's 1000 probably while should be minimum 10000.
  • Hi. Thanks for the reply. It's not so much saving content for pages that is the problem. As you'll see from the link I gave, the demo page content installs ok. Rather, it's the styling - fonts, menu, layouts, etc. - that are not being updated.
  • Yep - some styling seems fine - if it was the default layout I was after. This is supposed to be the Spa demo. I am getting most parts of the demo ok. However, elements that are not being finalised are:
    • Footer widgets assignments
    • Menu assignments
    • Main menu items (the demo I get still has 'Sample page' in the menu)
    • Font assignments across all elements

When the full demo installation process has completed, what message am I supposed to get in admin to say it's done?

• Probably while Spa import, custom css were not imported because of server limits. Theme uses wp_remote_get() which is wordpress function and uses loopbacks. Your server is probably limited and that's why is not able to import complete pre-made demo.

After proper import, you should get info, "All done. Have fun!"
  • Ok - I'll check with my host to see what the story is. Many thanks.