Symbols are not displayed on individual pages

My website is actually built. But on some pages the icons are not displayed and sometimes the wp header is missing although I am in edit mode.

Comments

• edited August 2022

Hi,

It’s because of the CORS library, which hasn’t been installed on your server.

For more details about the CORS, you can read http://enable-cors.org/server.html but we recommend contacting your server administrator in this case because he will be able to help you for sure.

P.S. For the .htaccess solution, please visit http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/4902/icons-are-gone-cors-solved-within-htaccess

Thanks

• I contacted the server administrator (IONOS) and received the following answer: "Unfortunately we cannot install or set this, it will be set by a web designer who is familiar with this theme".

What should I do now?

• I have now always accessed the same subpage from different devices with different browsers, namely

1. directly via the menu and

2. via the portfolio selection.

When the subpage then appears, it is at

1. the icons and wp header disappeared and the first time I have to accept the cookies again,

2. everything is fine, icons and header are there.

Since it can not actually be at the CORS library?

• Please, open the browser console and you will notice that there are errors about the CORS.

It is related to the server settings, and it is not related to the theme or web designer, and your server administrator should set that.

Best regards

• I sent their comments to the provider and received the following response from customer service: "You are using a third-party software or scripts you wrote yourself. In this case, I cannot support you."

As an attachment, I received several instructions for creating and managing MySQL databases, which I will not forward to them now. I have been working with BeTheme for many years and have great confidence in their support. However, I have now reached a point where I am not achieving my goal of a well-functioning website. Please give me some advice on how to move forward. I want everything to work well in the end.???

• Did you try the .htaccess solution, and disable the plugins?

If not, please, try that.

If yes, and it did not help, I recommend changing your hosting as they cannot handle something related to your server.

Best regards

• Now I wanted to edit the .htaccess file again, like I did on 7/25 (right side in my picture). There was above

# Begin Wordpress

you could read # END IONOS Performance.

That looks now suddenly completely different (see left side in my picture). My changes from 25.7. below can be seen. Above that I have not changed anything. Does that mean the hoster has made changes to my file? And the other way around Can I remove the code above it and my problems are fixed? Is he allowed to write to my file at all? What does a .htaccess file have to look like for everything to work smoothly?🤔

• There is a possibility that they tried to resolve your problem, and modified this file.

I cannot be sure but probably they are allowed to modify it.

Please, add this to your .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
       Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
     </IfModule>

https://enable-cors.org/server.html

Best regards

•  This works for the icons. I can now see them again on all pages. But the WordPress header is still gone on some pages. But for my users of the websites everything looks now as it should be. So I have reached my goal 🙂.

I would like to thank you for your help.

However, the whole story with the stubborn hoster has me very unsettled 🙄. However, a change is difficult with this customer, because more websites and masses of e-mails are hosted.

I would be interested in your opinion regarding the secure operation of this website. Is it to be expected that further arbitrary settings of the hoster can lead to impairments in operation?

• You are welcome, glad I could help. 🙂

However, it is hard for me to determine if any other arbitrary settings can be an obstacle in the future, as I do not handle server configurations and do not know how your server is set. The most importnat thing is that you should have green ticks in Betheme -> System Status in the Server Environment area.

Also, I suggest keeping an eye on it, but activating the CORS library is rather something that hosting should handle easily.

Best regards