How to setup layout for single blog post

I am new to this Betheme, and am having trouble finding ways to get the theme to cooperate with some basic things on a site.

I am trying to simply create the default layout for a single blog post so that I can import 200+ posts from a previous site without having to open each and rearrange templates, settings, etc.. This is also so that future users can automatically have this layout set when they create a new post as there will be many users that haven't used this theme.

I would really like to have step-by-step instructions on how to setup the single post template for the blog, not just a link to the very basic settings in the overall theme that lets me check to show the title for example. I've even gone through these settings and they seem to have zero impact on this layout. I can check and uncheck the Show Title for example and it still displays twice either way.

I see that I can set a layout ID. But creating a layout seems to really only let me change what the main nav/header looks like.

I've also seen some people vaguely refer to and recommend creating a template, but I haven't been able to find clear steps on how to go that route.

I really just want to show a very very basic blog post layout like this:

H1: Welcome to the blog

H2: Title of the blog

By: Author on: Date

Blog post content.

Blog Tags

Blog Comments

What I seem to be stuck with is this:

http://www.synergex-testsite.com/2021/02/12/hello-world/

The title repeating multiple times, a breadcrumb of categories that I don't want, and then repeated dropdowns for the categories and tags that I also do not want.

Is there anyone that is using this theme that might be able to help me out with some basic instructions on how to customize the blog post layout?

Comments

• Hi,

1) Can you tell me where the title is repeating, please?

2) To get rid of the breadcrumbs, please, go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Header & Subheader -> Subheader.

3)

repeated dropdowns for the categories and tags that I also do not want

Do you mean the sidebar?

Please, check the following video tutorial showing how to manage it:

https://support.muffingroup.com/video-tutorials/how-to-create-sidebars-and-manage-them/

4) There is no option to show the tags at the bottom, and they are displayed at the top, next to categories.

5) The title tag heading can be set in Betheme -> Theme options -> Header & Subheader -> Subheader if the title is displayed in the Subheader, or in Betheme -> Theme options -> Blog & Portfolio -> General if it is displayed in the content.

Best regards