Update failed: The package could not be installed

I purchased BeTheme earlier this year. It is installed and running on https://audyssey.com/. But I've never been able to update the theme. While logged into WordPress, I go to the Updates tab and see that an update is available. But after attempting to update, it gives me the error message: "Update failed: The package could not be installed"

I have an active license which is registered under dev.audyssey.com, which was a subdomain we used while the site was in development. I've since deleted that subdomain and we simply use audyssey.com. I didn't think sub domains affected the license key validity, but perhaps that is the issue?

If I need to deregister the domain and re-register it, please include detailed instructions on how to do that. I'm hoping to not have any website downtime or have to re-do all our theme customization settings.

Thank you!

Comments

• Additional information: When I tried to download a pre-built section, I got this error message: "The package could not be downloaded. Please make sure your theme is registered for this domain." So it does appear to be a domain issue.

When I read your instructions on other posts about deregistering a domain from my license, I don't quite follow what to do. Do I need to deactivate BeTheme as my parent theme (I use a child theme and have BeTheme as my activated parent theme)? Do I need to delete the theme entirely from my site? If that's the case it seems like I will lose all my settings.

• Hello,

1) About the builder issue, please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

2) This message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest.

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard).

After that, get into the license manager once more. If the license key is still claimed - deregister it. If it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

Thanks

• Thank you. I have seen you share these same instructions on other posts. There's a part I don't quite understand. You say to disable all of the plugins -- do you mean all plugins I have installed on my site or just the BeTheme related plugins? Do I need to deactivate BeTheme or is it OK to keep it activated while doing this domain registration fix?

• For anyone who comes across this post, I was able to fix the issue by following the support team's instructions, but to clarify -- you do NOT have to deactivate your theme. Also, you only need to deactivate your BeTheme related plugins. The rest of your plugins can remain activated.

Support team, thank you for your help. I was able to fix my problem by following your instructions. Can I suggest though that you edit your wording to specify that it is the BeTheme related plugins you need to deactivate, not all your site plugins.

Thank you