Shop Products Disappearing Overnight

Hi, I'm encountering the following error:

Every morning in the past 4 days, the shop page products have disappeared.

A simple action seems to make them reappear, but I can't figure out what the problem is from the pattern.

Here's after which action they appeared again in each occasion:

1. First day: By changing the Template selection back-and-forth (deselecting, saving, re-selecting, saving again). Theme options -> Shop -> Product List
  2. Second Day: By Opening the shop page from Pages -> View, instead of just using the menu link, or a copy-paste of the url
  3. Third Day: By Deactivating and Reactivating all plugins
  4. Fourth Day: By briefly entering maintenance mode to update the plugin Updraft Plus

Any help is appreciated. I can also send you a list of my active plugins to check for incompatibilities, although they've all been updated in the past few weeks and are fairly mainstream and tested in various websites.

Comments

• Hello,

It sounds like the problem can be related to your hosting provider, didnt't you have any daily backup recovers? Or some plugin which does that?

We do not have any functionality which could do something related to problem.

thanks

• In case anyone else encounters the same problem, what seems to solve the problem (so far, so good) is to remove the Store page from WooCommerce's setup, to gain access to edit it, and then add the short code [products] to it.

After that, it seems to be working fine, even if it's not set as Shop page in WooCommerce settings, although it's find to go back and set it back there.

The host is fine, as I have other sites working fine on there. It's not a matter of backups either, as I said, the products are all there, it's the shop page that chooses to show them or not at times.

As I mentioned in my original comment, I've been able to reconnect the shop page with the listings, and they went back to showing correctly, I was looking for the reason why they randomly disappear.

• We'll check that, thanks for debugging it - it's really helpful for us.

Thanks

• edited September 2022

Okay, so the problems seems to persist.

To produce the error, we need to stop working the website overnight. In the morning, the store page with be empty. No actions were made in the meanwhile.

Once we take any of the actions mentioned in my original post (which seems like any edit will do it), the store will show the products again.

Right now, it's not there.

We have tested it from Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi, normal and incognito mode

You can log in with the account we've created for that issue https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/comment/219958#Comment_219958 and sent via http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact.

Store page: https://marrenjewelry.com/shop/

Thank you for your attention.

• Can you attach an admin privileges to that account? It will be really helpful for us to investigate the source of problem.

thanks

• It's clearly made by one of your plugins, after disabling all of them (left only Woo and CF7 enabled) and it works.

I suggest to start by checking the "jetpack" plugin, but I'm not sure if this can be source, because after enabling all of the plugins again, the shop is full with product again.

thanks

• edited September 2022

As I've said, it's easy to make the products reappear with more ways than one. What I'm looking for is how to make them stop disappearing.

As you'll see, I've already mentioned that activating and deactivating all plugins is one of the ways to make the shore items reappear.

But updating updraft plus also makes the store items appear.

Deselecting the template from Betheme's options and re-selecting it also makes the store items appear.

There are other ways, not including any plugin handling.

The store works normally with all the plugins activated. What seems to trigger the bug is leaving it sit for a few hours.

I'll try deactivating the jetpack plugin (which is recommended by WooCommerce) and see if the product's disappear again. I'll report back here.

Are you aware of incompatibility issues between Jetpack and Betheme?

The fact that it's so easy to get the products list back, and they won't disappear until the next day again, makes this issue especially hard to debug. Is it possible that it's a Betheme template bug? Because I've encountered a few issues with them.

Thank you

• edited September 2022

It's the next morning and the products are gone again. The jetpack plugin is not the problem.

Could you please investigate some more?

Try to take actions other than the plugins, to see that the plugins might not be the problem.

I'm using them in a lot of other websites with betheme with no issues.

EDIT: Unfortunately, upon editing something the store re-appeared, so the bug isn't displaying right now.

You're still welcome to investigate or offer any ideas if you can.

• UPDATE:

I've tested the bug by disabling plugins and waiting for nighttime (I still don't know exactly when the bug triggers, but it's somewhere between 23:00 and 7: 00, every night, that all the products disappear from the store)

The bug is replicated while ALL THE PLUGINS ARE DISABLED, this doesn't behave like a plugin issue

(except for WooCommerce, the payment system, and Contact Form 7), but the problem existed before I installed the payment plugin, so that one's innocent

The products reappeared today by re-saving the permalinks. This resets the .htaccess.

Thank you for your attention

• Does the other (proper working) pages are hosted on the same hosting? I mean, we didn't see that kind of issue ever and we try to find the source problem.

Did you took a admin privileges from my account? I'm not able to look at it.

Also, I think you have to send us an FTP access too, because we have to debug it by looking at the SQL queries, what they returns.

thanks

• I'm going to test some leads and get back to you.

If you've never heard about this bug before, it may not be the theme that's causing it. It might be WooCommerce itself or some server process.

I'm investigating in these directions.

I did change some privileges, yes, I can change it back if you want, but it's not necessary right now.

I'll report back with any findings.

Thank you for your time