I can't customize the pre-built website I've chosen

edited September 2022 in Other

I bought a Betheme license a few weeks ago and installed one of the pre-built websites (Clothing store) to start creating my client's website. The problem is that I find it is impossible for me to customize it. The only thing I have been able to change is the Header, since my client wanted it on the left and with the logo on top. But I have tried changing the colors of the buttons, the font, etc. and it doesn't do it right. The colors change depending on the browser you use, but they are never 100% what I have configured. I have tried to uninstall the Wordfence plugin, I have also tried to uninstall Betheme, download it again from the website and install it through Filezilla and it does not work. Could you see what is happening? Thank you very much.

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

• edited September 2022

Hi,

The website is https://www.odeistreetwear.com/

Thanks

• Your link shows a 404 page.

Did you do anything with your website in the meantime?

Also, you did not attach screenshots. Can you send them too, please? I want to be sure what you are referring to.

Thanks

• No, I haven't touched the website since last weekend. And I can access the page with no problem using any browser without any 404 error. I don't know why it doesn't let you in.

I can send you one example of what happens when you change de buttons colors. The appearance is different depending on what browser you use. I sent you de images of the way the colours are configured and the appearance of the action button (normal and hover) when I use Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

Chrome: normal

Chrome: hover

Firefox: normal

Firefox: hover

Safari: normal

Safari: hover

But there are many things I can't do: I can't change the background of the header, I can't add a subheader, I can't change the style of the layout of the menu (link color only, line above menu, line below menu, etc.), I can't create an action bar, I can't change the background of the footer, I see no changes in the website when I change the general colours, or the header or footer colours... I can't personalize the website; it only allows me to make minimal changes.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• It seems that the cache holds the settings.

I have deactivated the WP rocket and cache feature in the theme options, but there could also be some caching tool on your server. So please, contact your server administrator to ask about it, and if there is caching tool enabled, disable it until you finish working on your website.

Right now, changing the theme options works, but you need to clear the browser cache after any change (ctrl + F5/cmd + F5).

Best regards