502 Gateway error..

Hello,

I tried to login to my website today and kept getting a 502 bad gateway error. Namecheap support told me it was due to the BeTheme that was my active theme. They helped me regain access to the admin dashboard by deactivating BeTheme and activating another theme, but I want and need to use BeTheme.

Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is so I can reinstall BeTheme and get my website back??

Comments

• Update: I tried activating the Twenty Twenty Three theme and deleting Twenty Twenty Two. Then, I activated BeTheme and have been locked out of my website again due to a 502 bad gateway error. This is ridiculous! I paid good money for your theme and now my clients are not even able to find a website for days on end because it's broken and the only way I can fix it is to wait for your support team to respond to my ticket, which takes at least a day every time?! Not to mention, I continually have to deal with the update errors because I don't actually own the plugins etc.?

Come on, make this right Muffin Group :(((

• Hello,

It looks like the problem is with the latest WP version (6.1) and older BeTheme version.

To fix that, you have to get into the FTP, remove old directory of BeTheme and upload the latest one from the themeforest, after that you will get your wp-admin work correctly.

thanks

• @Pablo So is this what I have to expect with BeTheme? In future updates, my website will just break and I have to do an entire directory replacement?? This seems not to be best practices for support :/

• This is the first time that new WP version made something like that, and we are on the market like +6 years.

We'll do our best to make sure that situations like that will not gonna happen.

Thanks

• @Pablo Ok, I sure hope not. So when you say I need to upload the new directory does that mean the entire Betheme folder that I just downloaded from ThemeForest or just one specific subfolder?

• So when you say I need to upload the new directory does that mean the entire Betheme folder that I just downloaded from ThemeForest or just one specific subfolder?

• Nevermind, I got it fixed.