BeCustom make backend extremely slow

In order to get decent performance I need to disable BeCustom. Why?

Comments

• Hello,

Can you describe the problem in more detail, please?

Did you check if it happens when you have only BeCustom active, and in different browsers?

Does your backend slow down directly after BeCustom activation?

What version of PHP, WP, and Betheme do you have?

Best regards

• edited November 2022

When I try to add/edit a page, editor takes minutes to load, chrome/safari becomes unresponsive several times. After this, when I click on 'Edit with BeBuilder' I get a timeout from nginx. I've multiple websites with betheme, all of them have the same problem.

This morning I was not able to access to wp-admin at all, but resolved passing latest version of betheme. I also hope that becustom issue was resolved, but it wasn't.

The problem persists disabling all plugins except becustom. Tested on chrome and safari, on linux and os x.

Versions:

PHP: 8.0.25

WP: 6.1

Betheme: 26.6.1

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please make sure that the data you are sending are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Your server has a problem with the function inlcude_once, which is used in the BeCustom and is a standard PHP function. We have tested it on your environment and in a couple of other hostings, and it does not happen anywhere. Also, lately, I did not receive any reports on the forum indicating that BeCustom slows down the page edit.

Please, contact your hosting provider to ask why this problem occurs and to resolve it.

Best regards

• I created two php pages that use include_once

Here is the content of the two pages:

includeonce.php

<?php 

include_once("includedonce.php");

includedonce.php

Included!!!

If you open /includeonce.php on browser you can see 'Included!!!'. So what is the problem with include_once?

• We use this function in BeCustom, and while testing, when commented out for each tab from the BeCustom, the page load increased by 10-15s, while the content for these tabs is small (~4KB for each file).

Your server has something to this function, but we do not handle the server configuration, so I cannot tell you why it is happening. It would be best if you contact your hosting provider about it.

Best regards

• include_once is used in a lot of plugins and other files, some of them come from wordpress files or betheme files. As you can see from the provided example include_once is not slow, doesn't take 15s to include a file. Becustom could be slow when I click on its tabs, but the real problem is page and post editor. Becustom make browser unresponsive for minutes and BeEditor is not usable at all.

• After further investigation, we found out that WordPress action for .po/.mo was executed around 20 times, while it should only once. We have corrected it, and you can check it.

However, did you use any plugins for translations?

Best regards

• Now seems better by far. I'm not using any plugin for translations. Where do you have corrected something (in BeTheme or BeCustom or somewhere else)? The correction is automatically applied with latest update?

• We changed an action that adds pages for BeCustom edit in its files.

Hence I suggest not uninstalling this plugin because you will lose these changes.

We are investigating why this happens, and when we find the root cause, the fix will be included in the BeCustom update.

Best regards