Broken Menu

With WordPress 6.1 update, our menu disappeared. Every attempt to get a menu above our slider has failed. We have been forced to put a menu on the left side and even then, the submenus would not work. Is anyone else having this issue? We will have to abandon this theme if this cannot be fixed.

We have manually updated the theme files to the newest version, 26.6.1. We have even renamed the old folder and done a completely new install and still no menu on top.

https://bella-eyecare.com/

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,

Did you set up the header layout in Betheme -> Theme options -> Header & Subheader -> Header to be above the slider?

Please also go to Appearance -> Menus, choose your Main Menu, and assign its display location.

Thanks

• It worked for years previously. However, yes, we double-checked the settings you sent, thank you. Here is what it looks like when set as you indicated. Here is an OLD screenshot from 2016 with the old logo, but it shows where the menu used to exist using Be.

The only menus that work today are Creative Left or Right.

• might this cause our menu issue?

An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 37 of the file /home/customer/www/bella-eyecare.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions.php. Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/customer/www/bella-eyecare.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/muffin-options/theme-options.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php74/pear')

• That error above doesn't seem to affect the menu showing up using another theme...

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• The SiteGround Optimizer plugin causes the problem that the header does not appear.

However, after I deactivated it, it showed up correctly.

And in the Appearance -> Menus, I did not see a menu with menu items like on your screenshot, so I recreated it.

I could not find only one page.

Please, check if everything is fine now.

Thanks

• So, no caching anymore? Why would their optimizer affect some of your menu options and not others?

Thank you for investigating. We have reset our menu.

• This plugin is adding a class to your header causing it to vanish.

You can contact the plugin author to ask if there is an option to prevent that.

However, you can also find the caching option already built in our theme in Betheme -> Theme options -> Performance, or use the plugin W3 Total Cache as we support it.

Thanks