Portfolio entries as a small list of line items

Hi,

I would like to use a small section of my home page to show a small list of my portfolio entries in the form of small line items without images and fancy formatting.  I only want that capability in the homepage so I show visitors a quick summarised list of new portfolio entries without images or large artefacts.  This is desirable for the obvious reason of not consuming a large portion of the screen so I can place it in a small section of the screen neatly as an update segment which would otherwise not be possible due to default behaviour of portfolio listing which would show feature images and other default decoration.

For the designated portfolio page I would like the normal behaviour however.  Albeit I can also benefit from finding out how to adjust the size of the feature image and its placeholder frame which sometimes is larger than the image, width wise, and looks odd.

Can you advise me on how to do this.

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi,

do you have any example of what you would like to do? We would like to look on it first to tell you if it's possible or not.

Thanks!
  • Hi,

I have included a link to a relevant screen shot <here>.  It is the "latest news" section in the attached example that I am aspiring to.  Almost like a recent portfolio list made up of small line items.  The attached example shows a miniature feature image on the side.  I would simply like to see a small list of line items only.

Hope that illustrates the concept.
    Thanks

• We do not have the same item, but we got similar one and you can see it in the widgets section as well on http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/
  • I am not sure what to make of your answer.  1) I could not locate the example you hint to; 2) The screen shot I showed you was only an example it does not have to be exactly the same; 3) I wanted the feature for portfolio items not posts.  In any case I was hoping you would provide me information on how acheive it not just a response with another screen shot.

I really find it a recurrent problem with Betheme support where replies from the support team are not very informative, take many attempts to reach a resolution and often partially deal with the question.  I wish you guys put some more care and attention in your responses.
  • And that's why we gave you example of what item exactly we got. On homepage, we mentioned above, in footer sectin where widgets are, there is "Latest posts" section where similar item is. And except this item we do not have anything similar. But this is posts item because we do not have anything similar for portfolio.

We put as much attention as we can but your thoughts and needs are confusing for us if we do not see what you want. Users sometimes ask about something what we see completely different then they do. That's why in more complicated things we always needs screenshots or examples to be sure if we think about the same.

So basically if you are looking for similar item but for portfolio items, we do not have it but we can think about it while future updates.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Ok thanks