Theme Reverted to "Default" from Pre-built Website

Hey there,

I've been using BeTheme for the last 8-10 years. I've built and maintain countless sites on betheme and I thought I had seen it all but I have a new one today...

A site that we created years and years ago has reverted to "Default" from the previous pre-built website configuration. I'm pretty sure it was built around "ecofood" originally, but today it is definitely displaying elements from the Default "pre-built site" and not the layout and design of "ecofood".

https://blackforestbison.com

I'm really confused as to what happened. I don't know how to get things back to a pre-built site from the default setup, and I most certainly don't want to lose the design work that we have already put into the site.

Can someone please look into this for me and give me some advise on how to make things the way they were?

Thanks,

Brandon

Comments

• I've discovered that a second site (also running Betheme) on my server has a similar compromise... There are additions in Custom JS which adds a redirect to the site.

Im obviously very concerned how something can get added to 2 different properties though the Betheme options when I'm the only person with access to these sites. Any input on how this might have occurred? Is this a known-vulnerability that I haven't read about?

Removing the addition in "Custom JS" doesn't fix my style issues - I'm still on "default" and nothing looks right.

I've attached a screenshot of my "Custom JS" screen showing the offending code.

• Hi,

There is the possibility that someone broke into your website.

Evals are unsafe and should not be placed in the Custom JS, and you should remove them as soon as possible. Also, I suggest changing your passwords. Also, ensure that all your plugins and betheme are up-to-date.

To restore the settings, you will have to use the backup of your website. If you do not have any, contact your hosting provider if they have any.

Best regards

• Hey Phil,

Thanks for the response. I was able to remedy the situation with the first site I posted about, as I had a backup to restore from.

The 2nd site didn't change from my pre-built back to default, so I only need to remove the eval statement and process some updates. Unfortunately, something did change on that site that I can't figure out. Any chance I can get you to look at it and tell me how I might fix it?

The issue is the "white gap" between the Header and Slider. Where did that come from and how do I remove it? It didn't exsist before the redirect/eval statement popped up in my options. I was able to remove the eval but this remains:

https://wildwolfcoffee.com

Thanks so much for your help!

• Woocommerce adds a margin at the top of the website for the pink box that you activate in Appearance -> Customize -> WooCommere -> Store Notice. This gap will disappear when you deactivate it there, or if you do not want to remove it, you can use the following CSS code:

.woocommerce-demo-store{
    margin:0!important;
    }

Put it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

Best regards